VHDL features Usage statistics

Abdelhalim

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a statistics for the Usage of the RTL VHDL
features within the VHDL designers, for example. the usage of generate
statement, the usage of exit statement, etc.

If there any, can you point me where ?

Abdelhalim

Mike Treseler

Abdelhalim said:
I'd like to know if there's a statistics for the Usage of the RTL VHDL
features within the VHDL designers, for example. the usage of generate
statement, the usage of exit statement, etc.

I use the "grep" utility for that sort of thing.

In a linux shell:
grep KEYWORD filename
would show all the lines with KEYWORD

grep -c KEYWORD filename
would return a count the lines containing KEYWORD

Example:
grep -c END *.vhd
would count all the lines with END for each .vhd file.

For a Modelsim prompt, prepend "exec" like this:
exec grep -c KEYWORD filename

-- Mike Treseler

BlueDoze

I use the "grep" utility for that sort of thing.

In a linux shell:
grep KEYWORD filename
would show all the lines with KEYWORD

grep -c KEYWORD filename
would return a count the lines containing KEYWORD

Example:
grep -c END *.vhd
would count all the lines with END for each .vhd file.

For a Modelsim prompt, prepend "exec" like this:
exec grep -c KEYWORD filename

-- Mike Treseler

I'm interested in Global statistics in the world, I mean statistics
between the all HW designers, not in a specific design.

Abdelhalim

I use the "grep" utility for that sort of thing.

In a linux shell:
grep KEYWORD filename
would show all the lines with KEYWORD

grep -c KEYWORD filename
would return a count the lines containing KEYWORD

Example:
grep -c END *.vhd
would count all the lines with END for each .vhd file.

For a Modelsim prompt, prepend "exec" like this:
exec grep -c KEYWORD filename

-- Mike Treseler

I'm interested in statistics of usage among all HW engineers, not a specific design.