    statement, the usage of exit statement, etc.

    If there any, can you point me where ?

    Abdelhalim

    Abdelhalim, May 18, 2004

  2. Abdelhalim wrote:

    > I'd like to know if there's a statistics for the Usage of the RTL VHDL
    > features within the VHDL designers, for example. the usage of generate
    > statement, the usage of exit statement, etc.

    I use the "grep" utility for that sort of thing.

    In a linux shell:
    grep KEYWORD filename
    would show all the lines with KEYWORD

    grep -c KEYWORD filename
    would return a count the lines containing KEYWORD

    Example:
    grep -c END *.vhd
    would count all the lines with END for each .vhd file.

    For a Modelsim prompt, prepend "exec" like this:
    exec grep -c KEYWORD filename

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, May 18, 2004

  3. Abdelhalim

    BlueDoze Guest

    (Mike Treseler) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Abdelhalim wrote:
    >
    > > I'd like to know if there's a statistics for the Usage of the RTL VHDL
    > > features within the VHDL designers, for example. the usage of generate
    > > statement, the usage of exit statement, etc.

    > I use the "grep" utility for that sort of thing.
    >
    > In a linux shell:
    > grep KEYWORD filename
    > would show all the lines with KEYWORD
    >
    > grep -c KEYWORD filename
    > would return a count the lines containing KEYWORD
    >
    > Example:
    > grep -c END *.vhd
    > would count all the lines with END for each .vhd file.
    >

    > For a Modelsim prompt, prepend "exec" like this:
    > exec grep -c KEYWORD filename
    >

    > -- Mike Treseler

    I'm interested in Global statistics in the world, I mean statistics
    between the all HW designers, not in a specific design.

    BlueDoze, May 19, 2004
  4. Abdelhalim

    Abdelhalim Guest

    (Mike Treseler) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Abdelhalim wrote:
    >
    > > I'd like to know if there's a statistics for the Usage of the RTL VHDL
    > > features within the VHDL designers, for example. the usage of generate
    > > statement, the usage of exit statement, etc.

    > I use the "grep" utility for that sort of thing.
    >
    > In a linux shell:
    > grep KEYWORD filename
    > would show all the lines with KEYWORD
    >
    > grep -c KEYWORD filename
    > would return a count the lines containing KEYWORD
    >
    > Example:
    > grep -c END *.vhd
    > would count all the lines with END for each .vhd file.
    >

    > For a Modelsim prompt, prepend "exec" like this:
    > exec grep -c KEYWORD filename
    >

    > -- Mike Treseler

    I'm interested in statistics of usage among all HW engineers, not a specific design.

    Abdelhalim, May 19, 2004