    model ?
    I'm familiar with the Simulink HDL coder, but this tool can transform
    only in the opposite direction ...

    Tomer Gidony, Feb 16, 2010

  2. Tomer Gidony

    Tim McBrayer Guest

    Tomer Gidony wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does someone know a way for transforming VHDL code into a Simulink
    > model ?
    > I'm familiar with the Simulink HDL coder, but this tool can transform
    > only in the opposite direction ...

    Tomer,

    The MathWorks offers a product to do exactly what you are looking for. Please see the
    product page at http://www.mathworks.com/products/eda-simulator/

    Regards,
    --
    Tim McBrayer
    The MathWorks

    Tim McBrayer, Feb 16, 2010

  3. Tomer Gidony

    Tomer Gidony Guest

    > Tomer,
    >
    > The MathWorks offers a product to do exactly what you are looking for.  Please see the
    > product page athttp://www.mathworks.com/products/eda-simulator/
    >
    > Regards,
    > --
    > Tim McBrayer
    > The MathWorks

    Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
    But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
    upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
    VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?

    Thanks, Tomer

    Tomer Gidony, Feb 16, 2010
  4. Tomer Gidony

    brian_farmer Guest

    On Feb 16, 3:47 pm, Tomer Gidony <> wrote:
    > > Tomer,

    > > The MathWorks offers a product to do exactly what you are looking for.  Please see the
    > > product page athttp://www.mathworks.com/products/eda-simulator/

    > > Regards,
    > > --
    > > Tim McBrayer
    > > The MathWorks

    > Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
    > But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
    > upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
    > VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?
    >
    > Thanks, Tomer

    Take a look at Aldec's Co-simulation for use with their Active-HDL. I
    am pretty sure it does what you are saying. Mathworks has good stuff,
    but I have not used what was mentioned.

    brian_farmer, Feb 16, 2010
  5. Tomer Gidony

    backhus Guest

    On 16 Feb., 21:47, Tomer Gidony <> wrote:
    > > Tomer,

    > > The MathWorks offers a product to do exactly what you are looking for.  Please see the
    > > product page athttp://www.mathworks.com/products/eda-simulator/

    > > Regards,
    > > --
    > > Tim McBrayer
    > > The MathWorks

    > Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
    > But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
    > upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
    > VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?
    >
    > Thanks, Tomer

    Hi Tomer,
    if you are working with Xilinx FPGAs, you can use the DSP System
    Generator for that purpose.
    With sysgen comes the XILINX Blockset for Simulink and there's a
    "Black Box" module that can "host" VHDL code for HDL-Cosimulation
    within the Matlab/Simulink environment.

    Have a nice simulation
    Eilert

    backhus, Feb 17, 2010
  6. Tomer Gidony

    Tricky Guest

    On 16 Feb, 20:47, Tomer Gidony <> wrote:
    > > Tomer,

    > > The MathWorks offers a product to do exactly what you are looking for.  Please see the
    > > product page athttp://www.mathworks.com/products/eda-simulator/

    > > Regards,
    > > --
    > > Tim McBrayer
    > > The MathWorks

    > Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
    > But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
    > upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
    > VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?
    >
    > Thanks, Tomer

    Basically, no there isnt. The only option is co-simulation.

    Tricky, Feb 17, 2010
  7. Tomer Gidony

    ram2010

    Joined: