VHDL into a simulink model

Tomer Gidony

Hi all,

Does someone know a way for transforming VHDL code into a Simulink
model ?
I'm familiar with the Simulink HDL coder, but this tool can transform
only in the opposite direction ...

Tomer Gidony

Tomer,

The MathWorks offers a product to do exactly what you are looking for.  Please see the
product page athttp://www.mathworks.com/products/eda-simulator/

Regards,

Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?

Thanks, Tomer

brian_farmer

Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?

Thanks, Tomer

Take a look at Aldec's Co-simulation for use with their Active-HDL. I
am pretty sure it does what you are saying. Mathworks has good stuff,
but I have not used what was mentioned.

backhus

Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?

Thanks, Tomer

Hi Tomer,
if you are working with Xilinx FPGAs, you can use the DSP System
Generator for that purpose.
With sysgen comes the XILINX Blockset for Simulink and there's a
"Black Box" module that can "host" VHDL code for HDL-Cosimulation
within the Matlab/Simulink environment.

Have a nice simulation
Eilert

Tricky

Thanks Tim, This will indeed suffice for my simulations.
But is it possible to implement a system in Simulink which is based
upon implemented modules in VHDL ? If so, who can I attach to these
VHDL implemented modules a corresponding modules in Simulink ?

Thanks, Tomer

Basically, no there isnt. The only option is co-simulation.