    How do I go about it if it is ?

    Thanks
    EC
    TheRightInfo, Feb 1, 2011

  2. TheRightInfo <> writes:

    > I want to work from home as a memeory models designer with VHDL .
    > Is this idea realistic ?

    If you can beat Denali at quality/price it could be good business.

    > How do I go about it if it is ?

    That's the hard part.

    //Petter
    --
    ..sig removed by request.
    Petter Gustad, Feb 1, 2011

  3. TheRightInfo

    Gabor Sz Guest

    On Feb 1, 12:31 am, TheRightInfo <> wrote:
    > Hi all
    > I have some experience in VHDL based hardware design .
    >
    > I want to work from home as a memeory models designer with VHDL .
    > Is this idea realistic ?
    >
    > How do I go about it if it is ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > EC

    If you're talking about memory models for mass-market
    memory chips like SDRAM, then you need to contact the
    companies directly. There is probably a very large
    market for the use of memory models, but unfortunately
    (for you) most people are accustomed to getting the
    models for free from the memory chip vendors. Maybe
    you could find a niche for VHDL models, since the
    major chip vendors now supply only Verilog models.
    However you should realize that customers for these
    models always have the choice of spending their
    money on mixed-language simulation and using the
    well-tested, vendor-supplied Verilog models vs.
    paying for third-party VHDL models.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Gabor
    Gabor Sz, Feb 1, 2011