VHDL MEMORY MODLELS DESIGNER?

TheRightInfo

Hi all
I have some experience in VHDL based hardware design .

I want to work from home as a memeory models designer with VHDL .
Is this idea realistic ?

How do I go about it if it is ?

Thanks
EC

Petter Gustad

TheRightInfo said:
I want to work from home as a memeory models designer with VHDL .
Is this idea realistic ?

If you can beat Denali at quality/price it could be good business.
How do I go about it if it is ?

That's the hard part.

//Petter

Gabor Sz

Hi all
I have some experience in VHDL based hardware design .

I want to work from home as a memeory models designer with VHDL .
Is this idea realistic ?

How do I go about it if it is ?

Thanks
EC

If you're talking about memory models for mass-market
memory chips like SDRAM, then you need to contact the
companies directly. There is probably a very large
market for the use of memory models, but unfortunately
(for you) most people are accustomed to getting the
models for free from the memory chip vendors. Maybe
you could find a niche for VHDL models, since the
major chip vendors now supply only Verilog models.
However you should realize that customers for these
models always have the choice of spending their
money on mixed-language simulation and using the
well-tested, vendor-supplied Verilog models vs.
paying for third-party VHDL models.

Just my 2 cents.
Gabor