VHDL newbie --VGA--PS2--calculator

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by viper987, Jun 4, 2010.

  1. viper987

    viper987

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    Messages:

    Two Function Calculator

    I am designing and synthesizing a calculator on the DE-1 board that can
    add and subtract integers. I want to Interface to a small 12-key keypad
    interface to a standard VGA display.
    Enter numbers via the keypad. I am basically looking to use buttons on
    the DE-1 board and display the numbers and the result on the display. I
    guess a low resolution, monochrome characters are sufficient. I am
    having trouble writing the interface part of the display.

    Any help regarding this or a example template or the entire code :p or anythign to do with
    this would help me in understanding much better.

    thank you :)
    viper987, Jun 4, 2010