    schematic form)

    Thanks,
    Stuart
    Stuart J Adams, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Stuart J Adams

    Niv Guest

    > Is there a free or low-cost tool available which would
    > produce a netlist for PCB layout from VHDL ?? (I would
    > like to specify the board design in VHDL rather than
    > schematic form)

    That just doesn't make sense!
    Niv, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Stuart J Adams

    David Tweed Guest

    Stuart J Adams wrote:
    > Is there a free or low-cost tool available which would
    > produce a netlist for PCB layout from VHDL ?? (I would
    > like to specify the board design in VHDL rather than
    > schematic form)

    I've never used it this way myself (but I've seen Josh do it),
    but HDLmaker has some capabilities in this area. The feature
    list includes:

    * Converts PCB net lists into VHDL and Verilog
    * Generates SCALD and PADS PCB board netlists

    See http://www.polybus.com/hdlmaker/users_guide/
    for details.

    -- Dave Tweed
    David Tweed, Jun 8, 2005