    seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
    than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.

    ~ Matt

    Matt, Aug 12, 2003

  2. "Matt" <> writes:

    > Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I have
    > seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
    > than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.

    Not if you edit it in Emacs :) It then treats them as tabs while
    editing...

    Cheers,
    Martin

    --

    TRW Conekt, Solihull, UK
    http://www.trw.com/conekt

    Martin Thompson, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Martin Thompson <> writes:

    > "Matt" <> writes:
    >
    >> Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I have
    >> seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
    >> than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.

    > Not if you edit it in Emacs :) It then treats them as tabs while
    > editing...

    You can also set 'Vhdl Indent Tabs Mode' to 'on' (VHDL | Options |
    Mode), or you could call M-x tabify by hand before saving the file.

    HTH,
    Colin

    Colin Marquardt, Aug 13, 2003
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I don't see such a menu option in what I am using, and I think I exhausted
    the menus searching through them. I tried the tabify command but emacs only
    indents 2 spaces, so they don't turn to tabs. Maybe I'll do some more
    messing with that later.

    I did download version 21.3 which I believe is the newest as of right now.
    I like the side panel showing all the .vhd files. Now if only it'd put them
    in heirarchical format I'd just use emacs as my editor rather than Webpack
    from Xilinx.

    ~ Matt

    Matt, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Matt

    fred Guest

    In article <bhbo43$mg4$>, Matt
    <> writes
    >Anyone know of a VHDL code prettifier for windows? The best thing I have
    >seen so far is the extension for emacs, which works, but adds spaces rather
    >than tabs, making the code a pain to edit afterward.
    >
    >~ Matt

    If you are not a fan of emacs, you may want to give Ultraedit a trial
    download. It supports the pretties you want & it's what I use for all my vhdl
    editing. You need to download a "wordfile" for vhdl or vhdl93 which it will
    use for syntax highlighting. Probably less powerful than emacs in terms of
    text completions, but still my fave.

    Oh, but it is $35 . . .

    HTH
    --