    something)...and I need the VCD file for further processing.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot
    VHDL User, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Hi,

    VHDL User wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > For my VHDL simulations I use Sonata,out of compulsion as its free!
    > (Educational Institutions and free software go together!)
    > Anyways,I want to know whether it is possible to generate a VCD file from
    > a simulation from this software,and if so how?
    > It does save the waveforms,but in a self readable format (.sws or
    > something)...and I need the VCD file for further processing.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks a lot

    Have a look at their web page. There is an area called contribution:

    http://www.symphonyeda.com/contribs.htm

    You find a tool called Lst2Vcd which converts the output from Sonata to
    a VCD file.

    Hope that helps.

    Guenter
    Guenter Dannoritzer, Sep 2, 2004

  3. VHDL User

    VHDL User Guest

    Hi
    Thanks a lot for the link.The utility lst2vcd however seems to exist only
    for Windows.After downloading and unzipping the file,I saw a whole bunch
    of .exe and .bat files,and README.TXT confirmed it.
    I use Linux (Mandrake) and wuld appreciate if anybody has any other tools
    or utilities for linux
    Thanks again Guenter.

    VHDL User, Sep 2, 2004
  4. VHDL User wrote:

    > Hi
    > Thanks a lot for the link.The utility lst2vcd however seems to exist only
    > for Windows.After downloading and unzipping the file,I saw a whole bunch
    > of .exe and .bat files,and README.TXT confirmed it.
    > I use Linux (Mandrake) and wuld appreciate if anybody has any other tools
    > or utilities for linux
    > Thanks again Guenter.

    Did you look at the Simi2Vcd tool? It seems to have C code included.

    Guenter
    Guenter Dannoritzer, Sep 2, 2004
  5. VHDL User

    Joe Guest

    VHDL User wrote:
    > Hi
    > Thanks a lot for the link.The utility lst2vcd however seems to exist only
    > for Windows.After downloading and unzipping the file,I saw a whole bunch
    > of .exe and .bat files,and README.TXT confirmed it.
    > I use Linux (Mandrake) and wuld appreciate if anybody has any other tools
    > or utilities for linux
    > Thanks again Guenter.

    There is a C source code file included in the lst2vcd.zip file.
    For UNIX/Linux coment out the first line of the C code
    (that was for Turbo C) and then you can compile it using gcc.

    Joe
    Joe, Sep 2, 2004