    then I would like to have some recommendations as to the best ones.

    Thanks!

    Neil

    Neil Zanella, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Hi Neil,
    "Free" and "Best" - AFAIK, VHDLSimli is (atleast was), I know that
    recent versions have some limitations, but still worth looking at, see
    http://www.symphonyeda.com

    HTH,
    Srinivasan

    --
    Srinivasan Venkataramanan
    Senior Verification Engineer

    http://www.noveldv.com http://www.deeps.org

    I don't speak for Intel
    "Neil Zanella" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a VHDL simulator to use under Linux. It must be available

    free
    > of charge and be as good as possible. I plan to code some VHDL models

    under Linux
    > and then deploy them to Xilinx Foundation Tools for synthesis. Is this

    possible?
    > There seem to be so many VHDL simulators/synthesizers for Linux out there

    but
    > I'm not sure about whether any of them are any good, and if some of them

    are,

    Srinivasan Venkataramanan, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Neil Zanella wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am looking for a VHDL simulator to use under Linux. It must be available free
    >of charge and be as good as possible. I plan to code some VHDL models under Linux
    >and then deploy them to Xilinx Foundation Tools for synthesis. Is this possible?
    >There seem to be so many VHDL simulators/synthesizers for Linux out there but
    >I'm not sure about whether any of them are any good, and if some of them are,
    >then I would like to have some recommendations as to the best ones.

    Depending on what you want, full VHDL spec. or full tool chain
    you might want to look at alliance.
    You find it on 'http://asim.lip6.fr'.
    It ist not (!) a full VHDL simulator, but a full tool chain to implement
    digital designs.

    There were some tools to support Xilinx, but this was some time ago and
    I've got
    no recent information.

    See you,
    Uwe

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Uwe_Klo=DF?=, Aug 4, 2003