    Best regards
    Nikolaos Kavvadias
    http://www.nkavvadias.com

    Nikolaos Kavvadias, Mar 17, 2014

  2. Nikolaos Kavvadias

    HT-Lab Guest

    On 17/03/2014 11:52, Nikolaos Kavvadias wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I would like to ask whether there exists any VHDL simulator (either FLOSS, commercial freeware or commercial for licensing) that supports the SCE-MI (Standard Co-emulation Modeling Interface) standard, whether 2.1 or 2.2. You can read more about SCE-MI here:
    >
    > http://www.accellera.org/downloads/standards/sce-mi/SCE-MI_v22-140120-final.pdf
    >
    > I can find mentions of SCE-MI on Mentor Graphics and Aldec blogs but I'm not sure if it is supported by the current state of the tools. My AE Modelsim version (10.1d), for instance, supports the DPI (Direct Programming Interface) but I'm not sure about SCE-MI.
    >
    > GHDL and Icarus probably don't support it or am I wrong?
    >
    > An alternative would be if any vendor that has their own implementation of DPI for VHDL, maybe?
    >
    > Best regards
    > Nikolaos Kavvadias
    > http://www.nkavvadias.com

    Hi Nikolaos,

    SCE-MI is nothing more than a protocol description (like TLM), you can
    implement it in any language you like. The only issue you have to
    resolve is the physical layer, that is how are you going to communicate
    with the hardware. Probably the easiest communication on Modelsim is
    using sockets (via Tcl/DPI/PLI/FLI) and then use another PC to bridge
    between the socket and your hardware.

    Regards,
    Hans.
    www.ht-lab.com