    no reference that states an equivalence between z1 and z(1). Can
    anybody steer me to a reference that addresses this point?

    Charles B. Cameron

    Cameron, Charles B., Feb 26, 2004

  2. Cameron, Charles B. a écrit:
    > I was surprised to discover that Altera's MaxPlus II interpreted the
    > signal name z1 as z(1), something I only guessed after extensive head
    > scratching. I had declared both z and z1 to be of type
    > standard_logic_vector. Once I renamed the signal z1 as zint, my problem
    > went away. However, in pursuing the cause of my confusion I have found
    > no reference that states an equivalence between z1 and z(1). Can
    > anybody steer me to a reference that addresses this point?

    This is a MaxPlus+II problem, not a VHDL problem (you would probably
    encounter it with Verilog too). I suggest to change from MaxPlus+II (now
    becoming obsolete) to QuartusII.
    --
    ____ _ __ ___
    | _ \_)/ _|/ _ \ Adresse de retour invalide: retirez le -
    |_| |_|_|\__|\___/

    Nicolas Matringe, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Nicolas Matringe wrote:

    > Cameron, Charles B. a écrit:
    >
    >> I was surprised to discover that Altera's MaxPlus II interpreted the
    >> signal name z1 as z(1), something I only guessed after extensive head
    >> scratching. I had declared both z and z1 to be of type
    >> standard_logic_vector. Once I renamed the signal z1 as zint, my
    >> problem went away. However, in pursuing the cause of my confusion I
    >> have found no reference that states an equivalence between z1 and
    >> z(1). Can anybody steer me to a reference that addresses this point?

    > This is a MaxPlus+II problem, not a VHDL problem (you would probably
    > encounter it with Verilog too). I suggest to change from MaxPlus+II
    > (now becoming obsolete) to QuartusII.

    Many thanks for telling me this. I suspected it, but I couldn't verify
    it independently. At my university we use the Altera UP-1 and UP-2
    boards with student licenses, which effectively do not expire. I
    haven't figured out a way to use Quartus II in the same manner. If
    anyone knows how to handle this, too, then we could stop using
    MaxPlus+II immediately. I much prefer the Quartus II interface and I've
    found that it does a better job at finding fast netlists than MaxPlus+II
    does.

    Charles B. Cameron

    Cameron, Charles B., Feb 26, 2004