    Thanks,
    Steven
    , May 10, 2014

  2. Tomas D. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > Has anybody successfully used VDHL to SystemC conversion tools. Google
    > returns one or two options, but I'd like to hear from people who have used
    > them.
    > Thanks,
    > Steven

    It's like converting foot toe to hands thumb. Do you really want that?
    Tomas D., May 11, 2014

  3. HT-Lab Guest

    On 10/05/2014 10:35, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Has anybody successfully used VDHL to SystemC conversion tools. Google returns one or two options, but I'd like to hear from people who have used them.
    > Thanks,
    > Steven

    Hi Steven,

    I briefly played with Carbon (http://www.carbondesignsystems.com) and I
    must say that I was quite impressed. I only tried a few test cases but
    from what I remember the resulting C++ (with a SystemC top layer) ran
    much faster than the original VHDL. If you are looking into building a
    virtual prototype then I would recommend you speak to these guys.

    If you just want to import some VHDL models to an OSCI environment than
    you can try my VHDL to SystemC converter as a template generator.
    However, expect much worse simulation time (3x slower), minimum language
    support, requirement to fix/tweak the code and on top of that a
    developer not willing to fix the translator ;-)

    Good luck,
    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com
    HT-Lab, May 11, 2014

    On Sunday, 11 May 2014 18:57:04 UTC+2, HT-Lab wrote:
    > On 10/05/2014 10:35, ******yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > Has anybody successfully used VDHL to SystemC conversion tools. Google returns one or two options, but I'd like to hear from people who have used them.

    > > Thanks,

    > > Steven

    > Hi Steven,
    > I briefly played with Carbon (http://www.carbondesignsystems.com) and I
    > must say that I was quite impressed. I only tried a few test cases but
    > from what I remember the resulting C++ (with a SystemC top layer) ran
    > much faster than the original VHDL. If you are looking into building a
    > virtual prototype then I would recommend you speak to these guys.
    > If you just want to import some VHDL models to an OSCI environment than
    > you can try my VHDL to SystemC converter as a template generator.
    > However, expect much worse simulation time (3x slower), minimum language
    > support, requirement to fix/tweak the code and on top of that a
    > developer not willing to fix the translator ;-)
    > Good luck,
    > Hans
    > www.ht-lab.com

    Hi Hans,
    you are correct - I am looking to produce a virtual prototype for FW development. The plan is to do initial conversion automatically, and then analyze performance of resulting models, perhaps performing some optimizations where possibly.
    I'll have a look at you suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Steven
    , May 12, 2014