VHDL verification using Python via VHPI

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Chris Higgs, Feb 26, 2014.

  1. Chris Higgs

    Chris Higgs Guest

    Greetings!

    I thought you might be interested to know that Cocotb now includes native support for VHDL simulation using VHPI to interact with the simulator.

    For those not familiar with Cocotb, it's an open-source project that uses Python to provide a powerful framework for functional verification of RTL designs. The RTL to be tested hangs in free space in the simulator and all stimulus and checking is performed from within Python.

    For more information have a look at the documentation[1] or examples on EDAPlayground[2].

    For anybody in the UK, I'll be presenting at the NMI FPGA Verification event tomorrow[3] to share my experience of using Cocotb on commercial projects..

    Thanks,

    Chris

    [1] https://cocotb.readthedocs.org

    [2] http://www.edaplayground.com/s/example/106