    Does there exist any other vhdl viewer which I have missed?

    Regards,
    R N

    Rick North, Aug 29, 2006

  2. Rick North wrote:

    I like the Quartus RTL viewer
    because I can open it without a full
    compile and it does a good job
    collecting buses, muxes and
    sequential blocks.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Rick North

    Rick North Guest

    I will try it, one draw back which is rather ugly with HDL Analyst is
    that it does not handle records well. It simply states the name of the
    record with the number of signals listed from 0 to 240 for example. So
    the record elements names are not preserved.

    type My_Record_Type is
    record
    answer : unsigned(7 downto 0);
    status : unsigned(2 downto 0);
    last_post : unsigned(3 downto 0);
    index : unsigned(1 downto 0);
    strobe : bit;
    end record;

    would look like my_record(17 downto 0) stripped from the names inside.
    Even more horrible if one has several records with in one record.

    Rick North, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Rick North

    chriskoh Guest

    Hi Rick,
    If you are just looking for a visual schematic, the best tool i have
    known so far is debussy from novas. very cool tool. do try it.

    Chris

    chriskoh, Aug 30, 2006