    digital hardware.

    Thanks in advance
    Pawel

    Pawel, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Pawel

    Guest

    Try googling this forum. There have been many discussions on that
    topic.

    Rgds
    André

    Pawel schrieb:
    > Hello All
    >
    > Can anybody give me link to the discussion on
    > advantages and disadvantages on using VHDL and
    > Verilog?
    > The selection should be constrained only to the
    > digital hardware.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Pawel

    , Jul 18, 2005

  3. Pawel <> writes:

    > Hello All
    >
    > Can anybody give me link to the discussion on
    > advantages and disadvantages on using VHDL and
    > Verilog?

    To paraphrase an earlier response:

    Verilog was designed by a bunch of hardware guys who didn't know a
    thing about designing software. We had to beat on it before we could
    make any real work with it.

    VHDL was designed by a bunch of software guys who didn't know a thing
    about designing hardware. We had to beat on it before we could make
    any real work with it.

    Kai

    Kai Harrekilde-Petersen, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Pawel

    Pawel Guest

    > To paraphrase an earlier response:
    >
    > Verilog was designed by a bunch of hardware guys who didn't know a
    > thing about designing software. We had to beat on it before we could
    > make any real work with it.
    >
    > VHDL was designed by a bunch of software guys who didn't know a thing
    > about designing hardware. We had to beat on it before we could make
    > any real work with it.

    He he, I like that. However, it does not help me, does it?

    cheers
    Pawel

    Pawel, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Pawel