    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Aug 30, 2008

  2. On Aug 30, 3:51 pm, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > What would you recommend for a video card.
    > 3. works well with Java

    Hmm.. A recent thread* on making really fast rendering
    code in Java (major contributors Knute J. and Daniele
    F.) convinced me that if you want to develop rendering
    code meant to run on 'any average old computer' you are
    better off going for an old video card with broken drivers,
    as that gives a better chance of showing how the code
    will appear for the average end-user.

    The difference in frame rendering rates between the
    three testing machines was phenomenal.

    *
    <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/
    browse_frm/thread/ab0ad3c5a7458fa3/e838970c4c29cc4c>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 30, 2008

  3. On Sep 1, 7:33 pm, Sabine Dinis Blochberger <>
    wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:

    > > The difference in frame rendering rates between the
    > > three testing machines was phenomenal.

    > > *
    > > <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/
    > > browse frm/thread/ab0ad3c5a7458fa3/e838970c4c29cc4c>

    > I can't get that link to work, ..

    Try this (shorter) URL to the "MultipleGradientPaint
    example code" thread at the Sun forums..
    <http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5297524>
    It was a thread conducted across 2 forums, each
    thread contains a link to the other.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/