    Thanks in advance,

    Homer

    , Apr 16, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I want to write a Java program to read incoming live video frames (10
    > grayscale frames per sec from webcam) and process them (find an object
    > in those frames and return the position).
    > How is it posible? how java can read live video frames?
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Homer

    You can take a look at Java Media Framework but it has considerable
    limitations in format. Also development stopped on it several years
    ago. There is supposed to be new video and audio API coming in version
    7 although I have not any details or know whether it is still planned.
    If you are developing on Windows there is a library available to access
    video called DirectShow which provides a Java API to Windows,
    http://www.humatic.de/htools/dsj.htm. Also a project called Freedom for
    Media in Java, http://fmj-sf.net/.

    --

    Knute Johnson