    entering.
    (http://www.flvhosting.com/) I find it very interesting to use the technique
    for a website of mine, but I don't know how they have created it. Any ideas?
    Hrodgar Bernstroem, Oct 7, 2008

  2. Hrodgar Bernstroem

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Oct 7, 2:14 am, "Hrodgar Bernstroem" <> wrote:
    > I have seen a video on a website without a background and it starts by
    > entering.
    > (http://www.flvhosting.com/) I find it very interesting to use the technique
    > for a website of mine, but I don't know how they have created it. Any ideas?

    The type of video used is flv/swf. I was able to grab the flv of the
    lady in the video and it is the lady on what appears to be a pure
    black background. I would guess that they are using something to make
    the black background color transparent, much as one can do with a gif.
    Keeping the placement of the video always at the same position when
    you scroll down the page seems to be done with javascript. However
    some of the code on the page is written in server side php, so I can
    not be sure what they are doing because the php can not be viewed on a
    browser. Another interesting thing is that if you go back to the page
    a second time, the video does not appear. However if you clear your
    cookies, the video will appear when you return again. This likely was
    done to keep from annoying people so much once they have heard the
    message from the lady in the video one time. .
    cwdjrxyz, Oct 8, 2008

  3. Hrodgar Bernstroem

    Jani Guest

    On 7 Okt., 09:14, "Hrodgar Bernstroem" <> wrote:
    > I have seen a video on a website without a background and it starts by
    > entering.
    > (http://www.flvhosting.com/) I find it very interesting to use the technique
    > for a website of mine, but I don't know how they have created it. Any ideas?

    I did not continue to watch that video because Google Chrome warned me
    that this webpage contains malware in some way because it includes
    elements from flvmediaserver.com.

    For more details visit:

    http://safebrowsing.clients.google....lv_media_server.png&client=googlechrome&hl=en

    (or alternativly enter tinyurl dot com slash 4kvejd in
    your browser)

    PS: As far as I have seen Adobe Flash 8 includes some facilities to
    work with video streaming from your server. You may find the another
    answer there. Could it help to search for the keyword "transparent"?
    Jani, Oct 13, 2008