Video Podcasts- Bjarne Stroustrup,Herb Sutter, Scott Meyers, Stephen Dewhurst

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by EDG, Jun 29, 2007.

  1. EDG

    EDG Guest

    If you enjoy learning from experts, check out the video podcast
    series
    entitled, "OnSoftware".
    Available in iTunes or at www.onpodcastweekly.com. Features
    interviews
    with thought leaders in C++ including Scott Meyers, and Stephen
    Dewhurst.

    Episode 1: Design and Evolution of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup and Herb
    Sutter
    Episode 2: High Performance Applications with C++ by Bjarne
    Stroustrup
    and Herb Sutter

    By way of disclosure, I am with the publisher, Pearson Education-
    Addison-Wesley.

    EDG, Jun 29, 2007

  2. EDG

    Al Balmer Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:40:16 -0000, EDG <>
    wrote:

    >By way of disclosure, I am with the publisher, Pearson Education-
    >Addison-Wesley.

    VP in charge of spam?

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ

    Al Balmer, Jun 29, 2007

  3. EDG said:

    <snip>

    > By way of disclosure, I am with the publisher, Pearson Education-
    > Addison-Wesley.

    Never, ever spam technical groups.

    There really are people here who will (a) never buy a book from you
    again, despite having been regular customers up to now, and (b) launch
    a drip-by-drip anti-you campaign lasting for years or even decades -
    "Addison Wesley? <sniff> Used to be a good company, then got taken over
    by the spammers; don't fund spammers by buying Addison-Wesley books",
    etc etc. I'm not saying I'd go for (b) myself - I'd probably stick with
    (a), personally - but I'm just me. Oh, I nearly forgot (c), which is
    that you may well find that some of your authors aren't too happy about
    being promoted via spam in technical newsgroups either. Fortunately I'm
    not an A-W author, and unlikely to become one, so it doesn't apply to
    me, but it may well apply to those in the A-W stable, and some of them
    are not the kind of people you want to unhappify.

    Never, ever spam technical groups.

    Addison Wesley has an excellent reputation as a publishing house for
    high quality technical books. I have immediately to hand at this random
    moment in time the Dragon Book, TAOCP I, II and III, Brooks's "The
    Mythical Man-Month", and TC++PL. Those are just the ones in the
    desk-side cache. I'm sure there are several more in the book-room. And
    I have no particular desire to divest myself of any of these books. But
    every spam from Addison Wesley that appears in this group is another
    reason never to add to their number.

    Never, ever spam technical groups.

    Ever.

    Email: -www. +rjh@