    You have any idea how they can do this to send streaming compression?
    Are there any libraries or source code to facilitate this task?

    I'm working on C + +. NET 2003 but I thank all ideas or suggestions.

    Alberto corrales, Apr 11, 2008

  2. Alberto corrales <> writes:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I am working with a video source that provides RGB frames (24 bits per
    > pixel) and I need to create a video server to send on wifi to a client
    > application. The problem is that there are too much data and I need to
    > compress video in real time and send it compressed.
    >
    > You have any idea how they can do this to send streaming compression?
    > Are there any libraries or source code to facilitate this task?
    >
    > I'm working on C + +. NET 2003 but I thank all ideas or suggestions.

    They're called 'codec', for CODer, DECoder.
    Google for: video codec

    --
    __Pascal Bourguignon__

    Pascal J. Bourguignon, Apr 11, 2008

  3. Alberto corrales

    Looney Guest

    On Apr 11, 9:38 pm, Alberto corrales <>
    wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I am working with a video source that provides RGB frames (24 bits per
    > pixel) and I need to create a video server to send on wifi to a client
    > application. The problem is that there are too much data and I need to
    > compress video in real time and send it compressed.
    >
    > You have any idea how they can do this to send streaming compression?
    > Are there any libraries or source code to facilitate this task?
    >
    > I'm working on C + +. NET 2003 but I thank all ideas or suggestions.

    2 things firstly this is off topic here in this forum as this is a
    forum
    on Standard c++.
    Secondly yes there are libraries for the functionality you are after,
    video compression is too complicated and big of a job for most people
    without a corporate funding too implement.
    Two popular libraries dealing with multimedia are
    1) Direct Show (a MS proproietry one, based on COM)
    2) ffmpeg (an open source library, mostly in C/C++)

    As much as i am fan of some of MS products i still do recommend ffmpeg
    for any serious work, unless you are familiar with COM.

    Looney, Apr 11, 2008