Video Streaming

Alberto corrales

Hi!

I am working with a video source that provides RGB frames (24 bits per
pixel) and I need to create a video server to send on wifi to a client
application. The problem is that there are too much data and I need to
compress video in real time and send it compressed.

You have any idea how they can do this to send streaming compression?
Are there any libraries or source code to facilitate this task?

I'm working on C + +. NET 2003 but I thank all ideas or suggestions.

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Alberto corrales said:
Hi!

I am working with a video source that provides RGB frames (24 bits per
pixel) and I need to create a video server to send on wifi to a client
application. The problem is that there are too much data and I need to
compress video in real time and send it compressed.

You have any idea how they can do this to send streaming compression?
Are there any libraries or source code to facilitate this task?

I'm working on C + +. NET 2003 but I thank all ideas or suggestions.

They're called 'codec', for CODer, DECoder.
Google for: video codec

Looney

Hi!

I am working with a video source that provides RGB frames (24 bits per
pixel) and I need to create a video server to send on wifi to a client
application. The problem is that there are too much data and I need to
compress video in real time and send it compressed.

You have any idea how they can do this to send streaming compression?
Are there any libraries or source code to facilitate this task?

I'm working on C + +. NET 2003 but I thank all ideas or suggestions.

2 things firstly this is off topic here in this forum as this is a
forum
on Standard c++.
Secondly yes there are libraries for the functionality you are after,
video compression is too complicated and big of a job for most people
without a corporate funding too implement.
Two popular libraries dealing with multimedia are
1) Direct Show (a MS proproietry one, based on COM)
2) ffmpeg (an open source library, mostly in C/C++)

As much as i am fan of some of MS products i still do recommend ffmpeg
for any serious work, unless you are familiar with COM.