Don

I have a page that has several controls on it and the controls are
shown or hidden during postback. I show and hide them using the
visible property. When I use 'view source' in Internet Explorer I
always see the source of the first version of the page, with the
controls rendered that where rendered on the first visit. The changes
that occur during postback are not reflected in 'view source'.

Example Detail:
My page has 6 controls and works like a wizard. One control has
visible=true and all the others have visible=false. My next and back
buttons control which control I show.

When the page initially loads I show control-01. If I 'view
source' I see the page source with only control-01 rendered. Since
the other controls have visible=false they are not rendered and this is
what I should see.

When I move forward control-01 has visible=false ad control-02 has
visible=true. This causes the page to show control-02 as expected.
But when I 'view source' I see the source of step one, with
control-01 rendered.

It seems that the source is cached as long as I'm on the same page.
How can I see the source of the page that is actually rendered?

Eric Immerman

This has always been a tough one. I use the Microsoft Developer Toolbar to
navigate the DOM on my pages. It basically gives you a current picture of
the DOM including styles for each of your controls. And you can change the
controls Client Side on the fly using the toolbar. It is not exactly what
you are looking for but it is close...

It can be downloaded at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...64-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

Regards,