    Nothing has worked.

    Please help,
    ~ Michelle A.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGUgQS4=?=, Oct 16, 2003

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGUgQS4=?=

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    what do your application event logs say about the process? frequent
    restarts? error conditions?
    "Michelle A." <> wrote in message

    > We are experiencing the invalid viewstate error on our pages. Considering

    the sheer number of people complaining of this problem, I hope a patch is on
    the way... SOON. Here are the details:

    > Both server and clients are running Framework 1.1.
    > We are in a single-server environment.
    > We have tried the TemplateSourceDirectory fix, the machineCode fix, and

    the EnableViewStateMac="false" fix.

    Alvin Bruney, Oct 16, 2003

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGUgQS4=?=

    Michelle A. Guest

    I have not had any errors in the error log regarding
    ASP.NET, other than a few about Perf. Counters. My state
    server service was not loading due to a bad logon account,
    which I have since fixed. I tried switching to
    StateServer instead of InProc session management, but to
    no avail. I have also reinstalled .NetFramework 1.1 + SP2.

    Thank you for your help,

    ~ Michelle A.

    Michelle A., Oct 16, 2003
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGUgQS4=?=

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    it's not necessarily an error, you need to look for recycle events which, i
    think, are information not errors.

    Alvin Bruney, Oct 17, 2003
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGUgQS4=?=

    Kiko + Guest

    Our users are also having a problem with View State being invalid. I'm not
    sure, but we suspect that it might be the documented bug for load-balanced
    web servers running on Framework 1.0 (even after SP2 installed).

    Microsoft KB tells of a hotfix that can be applied but we're not comfortable
    with a quick fix. And I don't think using Framework 1.1 will remove the
    bug. Did anyone encounter this bug and remove it too? Is the hotfix
    reliable?

    As reference, here's the KB article about the bug and fix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323744

    By the way, I don't recall Framework version 1.1 having an official SP (as
    mentioned below) already released. Is there?

    Thanks.

    Kiko

    "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:OVSJy$...