    thejeffross Guest

    Is there any tool out there that will let me see the type, number, and
    size in bytes of objects on the heap in the ASP.Net process?

    thejeffross, May 25, 2005

  2. thejeffross

    Scott Allen Guest

    Yes, there are a couple tools.

    CLR Profiler [1] can display the heaps and show you the relative
    number and the types on objects on the heap.

    WinDbg [2] with SOS.dll can dump the entire heap, and show you the
    address and type of every object on the heap. Quite powerful, but a
    bit of a leaning curve (not much if you just want to dump the heap).
    Googlel for WinDbg and SOS and you'll find a few tutorials. The most
    recent version from January also includes shortcut commands to dump
    the asp.net cache and other features.

    [1]
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...52-D7F4-4AEB-9B7A-94635BEEBDDA&displaylang=en

    [2]