View the objects hogging memory in aspnet_wp.exe?

thejeffross

Is there any tool out there that will let me see the type, number, and
size in bytes of objects on the heap in the ASP.Net process?

Scott Allen

Yes, there are a couple tools.

CLR Profiler [1] can display the heaps and show you the relative
number and the types on objects on the heap.

WinDbg [2] with SOS.dll can dump the entire heap, and show you the
address and type of every object on the heap. Quite powerful, but a
bit of a leaning curve (not much if you just want to dump the heap).
Googlel for WinDbg and SOS and you'll find a few tutorials. The most
recent version from January also includes shortcut commands to dump
the asp.net cache and other features.

[1]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...52-D7F4-4AEB-9B7A-94635BEEBDDA&displaylang=en

[2]