View topics of this newsgroup

via newsreader program

thanks

Christopher Benson-Manica

aljaber said:
i want to know howto the
View topics of this newsgroup
via newsreader program

Your newsreader seems to be Google, and I certainly hope you can read
the posts on this newsgroup with it - I would hate to have wasted the
time to reply. If you're asking about some OTHER newsreader program,
of which there are many, there are other places to ask about how to
use it, with Google being a splendid place to start.

Keith Thompson

aljaber said:
i want to know howto the

View topics of this newsgroup

via newsreader program

Read the documentation for your newsreader program.

Your question has nothing to do with the C programming language, which
is what we discuss here.

You might try asking in news.software.readers -- but if you do, you
should explain to them why your newsreader's documentation didn't
answer your question.

aljaber

Christopher said:
Your newsreader seems to be Google, and I certainly hope you can read
the posts on this newsgroup with it

it is clear like the sun
- I would hate to have wasted the
time to reply. If you're asking about some OTHER newsreader program,
of which there are many, there are other places to ask about how to
use it, with Google being a splendid place to start.

if it is not clear, i want to use the program to browse the posts of
this

specific usesnet group offline , and of course it could not be done
with

google groups

thanks a lot

Keith Thompson

aljaber said:
Christopher Benson-Manica wrote: [...]
- I would hate to have wasted the
time to reply. If you're asking about some OTHER newsreader program,
of which there are many, there are other places to ask about how to
use it, with Google being a splendid place to start.

if it is not clear, i want to use the program to browse the posts of
this

specific usesnet group offline , and of course it could not be done
with

google groups

To be very clear, your question is off-topic. You need to ask
someplace else. I suggest news.software.readers.

You said you want to use "the program". Be sure to tell the folks in
news.software.readers (not us) what program you're talking about.

aljaber

Keith said:
Read the documentation for your newsreader program.

Your question has nothing to do with the C programming language, which
is what we discuss here.

You might try asking in news.software.readers -- but if you do, you
should explain to them why your newsreader's documentation didn't
answer your question.

ok, to be on topic

what is the nntp sever address and the port number
that i can use it to browse the posts of the group

thanks a gain

Richard Heathfield

aljaber said:

ok, to be on topic

what is the nntp sever address and the port number

That isn't topical, actually, but here's a freebie: there is no such thing
as "the" NNTP server address. There are loads of NNTP servers, and unless
you're prepared to pay separately for a news service you'll probably end up
using one provided to *you* for free (or rather, included in the price
charged) by your Internet Service Provider. Contact your Internet Service
Provider for connection details. Port 119 is traditional for NNTP but not
mandatory as far as I know.

CBFalconer

aljaber said:
.... snip ...

if it is not clear, i want to use the program to browse the posts
of this specific usesnet group offline , and of course it could not
be done with google groups

Thunderbird, from mozilla.org, or the 4.7x series of Netscape.

santosh

aljaber said:
it is clear like the sun

if it is not clear, i want to use the program to browse the posts of
this specific usesnet group offline , and of course it could not be done
with google groups

Try Thunderbird or KNode.

santosh

ok, to be on topic

what is the nntp sever address and the port number
that i can use it to browse the posts of the group

It's still of topic to this group.

<OT>
The server address and port number will be given to you by your ISP or
the third party Usenet service provider to whom you've subscribed.
</OT>