Viewing ASPX Page in VS.NET Browser

crjunk

I'm having problems viewing ASPX pages in the VS.NET browser. For some
unknown reason, it just stooped working. The status bar at the bottom
just says "Downloading...".

So far I haven't been able to get it to time-out. I've tried rebooting
and also stop/start the World Wide Web Publishing service, but every
time I try to load up a page in the browser, I continue to have the
same problem.

This just started occurring today. I am also not able to view existing
projects in the browser anymore that I know should work correctly.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should try? Sorry if this
is the wrong forum to ask.

Thanks,
CR Junk

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

what do the application event logs say? sounds like you need to re-install
something (but i'm guessing you already knew that and just wanted
confirmation...)

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]
Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc

crjunk

After several reboots, the VS.NET browser is working correctly now. I
went back and checked the event log. I notice an Application Hang
Error entry for devenv.exe. Maybe this is what was causing my problem?

Thanks,

CR Junk