Viewing Directories as tree

Jalil Feghhi

I am looking for some python code that I can plug-into my web
application to display file system heirarchies
using a tree structure. I have seem some libraries that do this but
only as a standalone application.

Is there anything that can be used in a browser?

Thanks,

-Jalil

Miki Tebeka

Hello Jalil,
I am looking for some python code that I can plug-into my web
application to display file system heirarchies
using a tree structure. I have seem some libraries that do this but
only as a standalone application.

Is there anything that can be used in a browser?
If your browser supports XML (such as IE, Mozilla ...) you can output
the directory tree to an XML file and show it.
It can be made prettier with XSL but I didn't work with XSL so I can't
tell you how.

HTH.
Miki

Peter Maas

Jalil said:
I am looking for some python code that I can plug-into my web
application to display file system heirarchies
using a tree structure. I have seem some libraries that do this but
only as a standalone application.

Is there anything that can be used in a browser?

The following recipe displays a directory tree in ASCII. I suppose it
can be easily modified for HTML.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/217212

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas