Viewing EPS in Java

Susan Masters

Hi,

I'm trying to create a cross platform image viewer and for PNGs and JPGs
that would be really easy to build in Java and Swing. However, these files
are all Encapsulated PostScript files (EPS).

How can I view EPS in a Swing element? Google's found me a few tools for
creating EPS files from Java, but that's the wrong way around!

Thanks for you ideas.

Marco Schmidt

Susan Masters:
I'm trying to create a cross platform image viewer and for PNGs and JPGs
that would be really easy to build in Java and Swing. However, these files
are all Encapsulated PostScript files (EPS).

How can I view EPS in a Swing element? Google's found me a few tools for
creating EPS files from Java, but that's the wrong way around!

Some EPS files carry preview images, embedded as TIFF streams inside
the EPS file.

Or you could render the real thing using a Postscript interpreter:
<http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/java-libraries-postscript.html>.

Regards,
Marco