Viewing IIS sites over network

Mark Fisher

I have three PCs connected in a workgroup, all have Windows XP. On one PC,
called MF1, I have IIS installed. In IIS I have a virtual directory called
dbsite, pointing to a folder c:\dbsite. In a web browser I can view the
site via http://localhost/dbsite, or http://MF1/dbsite.

My question is how would I allow the other two pcs on the network to access
this site.

Thanks

Jeff Cochran

I have three PCs connected in a workgroup, all have Windows XP. On one PC,
called MF1, I have IIS installed. In IIS I have a virtual directory called
dbsite, pointing to a folder c:\dbsite. In a web browser I can view the
site via http://localhost/dbsite, or http://MF1/dbsite.

My question is how would I allow the other two pcs on the network to access
this site.

Not an ASP issue. If you had asked in the IIS group, they would have
told you to use the sysetm name, as in your http://MF1/dbsite.

If that doesn't work, post a new question in the IIS group and tell
them what doesn't work about it.

Jeff