Viewing Javadoc information in tooltip in Eclipse

ziki

Hi guys,
I have eclipse and before formatting my comp when i programmed in
eclipse and hovered with mouse on classes defined in eclipse or in JDK
I got large tooltip show the class description as defined in JDK
javadoc.

Now somehow this functionality disappeared.

I will really appreciate if someone could tell me how to configure this
option back or what can cause this.

Thanks a lot!

Oliver Wong

ziki said:
Hi guys,
I have eclipse and before formatting my comp when i programmed in
eclipse and hovered with mouse on classes defined in eclipse or in JDK
I got large tooltip show the class description as defined in JDK
javadoc.

Now somehow this functionality disappeared.

I will really appreciate if someone could tell me how to configure this
option back or what can cause this.

Thanks a lot!

From what I recall, you need to manually download Sun's JavaDoc to your
local harddrive and then give Eclipse a reference to where the docs are
located.

- Oliver