    Has anyone had sucess running a PDF in a DIV

    -
    Jandama

    Jandaman, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Jandaman

    Sam Hughes Guest

    Jandaman <4designers.com> wrote in
    news:4designers.com:

    > not work at all in Netscape 7.1, Mozilla 1.7, or Firefox.
    >
    > Has anyone had sucess running a PDF in a DIV?

    You want to whatnit a whatsit?

    Curiosity strikes:

    * I want to see how.
    * I want to see where. (URL?)
    * I want to see why.

    > --
    > Jandaman
    > --- View this thread:
    > http://www.forum4designers.com/message107367.html

    Get a newsreader like Xnews (free) and a news server like
    individual.net (free) and read Usenet the real way! (i.e. the way that
    is much more convenient than a Web-based interface)

    --
    How to make it so visitors can't resize your fonts:
    <http://www.rpi.edu/~hughes/www/wise_guy/unresizable_text.html>

    Sam Hughes, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Sam Hughes <> wrote:

    >> Has anyone had sucess running a PDF in a DIV?

    > You want to whatnit a whatsit?

    Probably wants to display a PDF document as embedded into an HTML
    document.

    It can be done, in various ways. We could tell him, but then we would
    have to make sure he understands that it really doesn't work, even when
    it casually seems to work on the designer's screen.

    Linking to a PDF document is sometimes tolerable. Trying to embed it
    virtually guarantees an awful browsing experience, starting from a high
    probability of browser (or system) crash.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 14, 2004