Viewing shtml pages in IE after XP Service Pak2

Cliff R.

Hi, this is a bit off-topic but I hope someone here knows the answer.
After installing Windows XP Service Pack 2, now when I open .shtml
pages in IE, it's not displaying them as web pages but rather just
showing the actual source code in the browser. Is there a trick to
get this to stop happening? This doesn't happen with pages on the web
but only when I open these pages locally to work on them. Thanks!

Cliff

Toby Inkster

Cliff said:
This doesn't happen with pages on the web
but only when I open these pages locally to work on them. Thanks!

You want to set the MIME type for any files with a ".shtml" extension to
"text/html".

IIRC in Windows you open Explorer (not IE!) and then go to View -> Options
-> File Types.