    caught my eye. Is this the norm?

    Thanks,
    Matt

    Daimajin, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Daimajin

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Daimajin said:

    > Hello,

    g'day

    > Just a quick question.

    i wish people would stop saying that. it makes my little eyes move
    faster over the text and my brain can keep up, i have to read it twice.

    > Any ways, I was at a buddies house the other day and when I pulled up
    > something on his Apple ( on Netscape ) I noticed that the page was
    > different looking than what I usually saw. The colors were many
    > shades off and even the tables were not lined up exactly as I was
    > used to seeing. It wasn't like the page was unreadable or anything,
    > but just caught my eye. Is this the norm?

    yes. different browsers display things differently. as browsers move
    closer to standards compliance the differences will diminish (it cant
    happen fast enough) but you still have the issue of them being on
    different operating systems and hardware.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Daimajin

    SpaceGirl Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html Daimajin said:
    >

    >>Hello,

    > g'day
    >

    >>Just a quick question.

    > i wish people would stop saying that. it makes my little eyes move
    > faster over the text and my brain can keep up, i have to read it twice.
    >

    >>Any ways, I was at a buddies house the other day and when I pulled up
    >>something on his Apple ( on Netscape ) I noticed that the page was
    >>different looking than what I usually saw. The colors were many
    >>shades off and even the tables were not lined up exactly as I was
    >>used to seeing. It wasn't like the page was unreadable or anything,
    >>but just caught my eye. Is this the norm?

    > yes. different browsers display things differently. as browsers move
    > closer to standards compliance the differences will diminish (it cant
    > happen fast enough) but you still have the issue of them being on
    > different operating systems and hardware.

    That wont change the way colours are displayed though Brucie. Mac have a
    different colour gamut, so you'll never get like for like between PCs
    and Macs, regardless of the browsers.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Daimajin

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

    >> yes. different browsers display things differently. as browsers move
    >> closer to standards compliance the differences will diminish (it cant
    >> happen fast enough) but you still have the issue of them being on
    >> different operating systems and hardware.

    > That wont change the way colours are displayed though Brucie. Mac have a
    > different colour gamut, so you'll never get like for like between PCs
    > and Macs, regardless of the browsers.

    <quote> but you still have the issue of them being on different
    operating systems and hardware.</quote>

    wasn't that enough? i'm such a failure.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Daimajin

    SpaceGirl Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
    >

    >>>yes. different browsers display things differently. as browsers move
    >>>closer to standards compliance the differences will diminish (it cant
    >>>happen fast enough) but you still have the issue of them being on
    >>>different operating systems and hardware.

    >>That wont change the way colours are displayed though Brucie. Mac have a
    >>different colour gamut, so you'll never get like for like between PCs
    >>and Macs, regardless of the browsers.

    > <quote> but you still have the issue of them being on different
    > operating systems and hardware.</quote>
    >
    > wasn't that enough? i'm such a failure.

    Sorry. You're not. We still love you :)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 17, 2004
  6. On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:17:36 +0000, SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Sorry. You're not. We still love you :)

    if you love him so much, why don't you marry him? Nyah!

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Nov 17, 2004
  7. Daimajin

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Jeffrey Silverman said:

    >> Sorry. You're not. We still love you :)

    > if you love him so much, why don't you marry him? Nyah!

    unfortunately thats covered under article 5
    http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 17, 2004
  8. While the city slept, brucie () feverishly typed...

    > In alt.html Jeffrey Silverman said:
    >> if you love him so much, why don't you marry him? Nyah!

    > unfortunately thats covered under article 5
    > http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

    Great! Can I get out of your coffee grinder now..... please???? ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Nov 18, 2004
  9. Daimajin

    Jan Faerber Guest

    nice.guy.nige wrote:

    > While the city slept, brucie () feverishly typed...
    >
    >> In alt.html Jeffrey Silverman said:
    >>> if you love him so much, why don't you marry him? Nyah!

    >> unfortunately thats covered under article 5
    >> http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

    > Great! Can I get out of your coffee grinder now..... please???? ;-)

    So get him a real woman and forget about article 5.
    <quote name="SpaceGirl">We still love you :)</quote> ... we are in a
    hurry!!!

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com