Viewing sites on an Apple Comp.

Daimajin

Hello,
Just a quick question. I use PC's and view stuff in Netscape and IE,
depending where in the house I am ( wife prefers IE, I like Netscape ).
Any ways, I was at a buddies house the other day and when I pulled up
something on his Apple ( on Netscape ) I noticed that the page was
different looking than what I usually saw. The colors were many shades
off and even the tables were not lined up exactly as I was used to
seeing. It wasn't like the page was unreadable or anything, but just
caught my eye. Is this the norm?

Thanks,
Matt

brucie

In alt.html Daimajin said:
Hello,
g'day

Just a quick question.

i wish people would stop saying that. it makes my little eyes move
faster over the text and my brain can keep up, i have to read it twice.
Any ways, I was at a buddies house the other day and when I pulled up
something on his Apple ( on Netscape ) I noticed that the page was
different looking than what I usually saw. The colors were many
shades off and even the tables were not lined up exactly as I was
used to seeing. It wasn't like the page was unreadable or anything,
but just caught my eye. Is this the norm?

yes. different browsers display things differently. as browsers move
closer to standards compliance the differences will diminish (it cant
happen fast enough) but you still have the issue of them being on
different operating systems and hardware.

SpaceGirl

brucie said:
In alt.html Daimajin said:

i wish people would stop saying that. it makes my little eyes move
faster over the text and my brain can keep up, i have to read it twice.

yes. different browsers display things differently. as browsers move
closer to standards compliance the differences will diminish (it cant
happen fast enough) but you still have the issue of them being on
different operating systems and hardware.

That wont change the way colours are displayed though Brucie. Mac have a
different colour gamut, so you'll never get like for like between PCs
and Macs, regardless of the browsers.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

brucie

In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
That wont change the way colours are displayed though Brucie. Mac have a
different colour gamut, so you'll never get like for like between PCs
and Macs, regardless of the browsers.

<quote> but you still have the issue of them being on different
operating systems and hardware.</quote>

wasn't that enough? i'm such a failure.

SpaceGirl

brucie said:
In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

<quote> but you still have the issue of them being on different
operating systems and hardware.</quote>

wasn't that enough? i'm such a failure.

Sorry. You're not. We still love you :)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Jan Faerber

nice.guy.nige said:
While the city slept, brucie ([email protected]) feverishly typed...

Great! Can I get out of your coffee grinder now..... please???? ;-)

So get him a real woman and forget about article 5.
<quote name="SpaceGirl">We still love you :)</quote> ... we are in a
hurry!!!