Viewing soap packets

pete

Hello,
I have a working webservice, but need to view the actual SOAP packet being
sent to the webservice from the client, before it is sent. i know you can
do this with the SOAP toolkit, but i want to do it at runtime in vb.net.
Ideally i would want to be able to edit this SOAP packet and then dump it
back into the client to pass on to the webservice, but i feel this isn't
possible without totally bipassing .nets functionality. Can anyone out
there help?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Dan Rogers

Hi Pete,

You can do this quite readily by adding a Web Service Extension to your
VB.Net client or service. There are some good web service extension
examples that do logging that you can readily modify to intercept and then
massage your data before passing it on.

You can find some good web service extension examples on www.gotdotnet.com.
George Lindsay's web service logging extension is a great one to start
with.

Regards

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation