    diagram. Does anyone know how to do it? I use the Xilinx ISE 4.2i
    software.

    TIA

    Jim, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Jim wrote:

    > Is it possible for me to view my VHDL code as a schematic, which shows the
    > individual components of the system.

    Don't know ISE. Standard Quartus has an "HDL viewer" that would
    do what you want. Don't know if the free version has it.
    Leo and Synplicity also have similar "rtl" viewers.
    My favorite is the Modelsim (with a full license) "dataflow" viewer
    that shows each process as a box. Or you can just draw boxes
    and wires in your notebook, and verify with simulation.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Nov 5, 2004

  3. "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible for me to view my VHDL code as a schematic, which shows the
    > individual components of the system. For example, the synthesis report
    > informs me that it found various components (flip flops, comparators etc
    > etc). I would like to see these parts (and how they are connected) in a
    > diagram. Does anyone know how to do it? I use the Xilinx ISE 4.2i
    > software.
    >
    > TIA

    Yes.
    In the hierarchy view on the left, under synthesize, there is an option for
    "view RTL". That should do it...

    The Weiss Family, Nov 6, 2004