    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Maz.
    Maziar Aflatoun, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Maziar Aflatoun

    bruce barker Guest

    the current version has poor support for any browser other than IE. if the
    browser is not IE, style (width and height) are not rendered. also client
    validation is only supported with IE. you can get better results by forcing
    uplevel for this browsers. the next release of asp.net supports html 4.0 and
    will have better browser support.

    in page load:

    if ("netscape|gecko|opera".IndexOf(this.Request.Browser.Browser.ToLower())
    >>=0 )

    this.ClientTarget = "Uplevel";

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Maziar Aflatoun" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I just wrote a complete shopping cart using DataGrids...etc with

    capability
    > to edit each item etc. However, the textboxes become their default size
    > when viewed in Netscape/Mozilla. I thought VisualStudio .Net

    automatically

    bruce barker, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Maziar Aflatoun

    M. Posseth Guest

    I currently work on a website that is multiplatform ( it is daily tested
    with SUSE LINUX with firebird & conqueror , Windows with IE 5.5 & IE 6.0
    & Firefox )

    http://hbase.nohausystems.nl/Login.aspx?visitor=1

    It has lots of customized styles and javascript functions

    i did not write a single line of double code for it ( if mozilla then
    okay you get the point )

    It is just pure Javascript and valid HTML / CSS

    You just need to spend some time figuring it out , all information can be
    found online

    http://www.w3.org/ and developer.irt.org are now 2 of my favorite websites

    M. Posseth [MCP]

    M. Posseth, Jun 15, 2004
  4. OK, how did you set the widths on text boxes then? I found that the "style"
    attribute is omitted on pages sent to Mozilla or Firebird.

    Jon

    Jonathan Eric Miller, Jul 23, 2004
  5. Maziar Aflatoun

    Greg Burns Guest

    Check out this link. It uses browserCaps to force ASP.NET to NOT render
    Firefox as a downlevel browser.

    http://tinyurl.com/4sn36

    Fixed my problems.

    Greg