Viewsonic V37

Ryan Moore

Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET 2003? I
can't make it run becuase I'm connecting via USB...... is it possible to
debug vis usb?

thnx

dr3d

Ryan Moore said:
Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET 2003? I
can't make it run becuase I'm connecting via USB...... is it possible to
debug vis usb?

Stop.
V37 contains Pocket PC 2002.
VS.NET is for Pocket PC 2003 only.
You need to be working with embedded visual c++ 3.0 until Viewsonic
*finally* releases the PPC 2003 upgrade
-scott

rs4_SS

This is not true. I'm using VS.NET 2003 to develop apps for my
Viewsoinc V37 w/ PPC 2002 just fine.

Hazzard

You can step through code at design time before it is deployed to the
device, or emulator. Once it is deployed, then error messages from a
messagebox for eg. sqlceexeptions take over at that point. At that point you
leave debug-land. System error messages are thrown as exceptions from within
the device for file IO errors, IIS authentication or even SQL Server for
authentication, etc.
-greg