    can't make it run becuase I'm connecting via USB...... is it possible to
    debug vis usb?

    thnx

    Ryan Moore, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Ryan Moore

    dr3d Guest

    "Ryan Moore" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
    > Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET 2003? I
    > can't make it run becuase I'm connecting via USB...... is it possible to
    > debug vis usb?

    Stop.
    V37 contains Pocket PC 2002.
    VS.NET is for Pocket PC 2003 only.
    You need to be working with embedded visual c++ 3.0 until Viewsonic
    *finally* releases the PPC 2003 upgrade
    -scott

    dr3d, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Ryan Moore

    dr3d Guest

    dr3d, Sep 14, 2003
  4. Ryan Moore

    Ryan Moore Guest

    Ah ha... any idea whether this will be a free upgrade?

    Ryan Moore, Sep 15, 2003
  5. Ryan Moore

    rs4_SS Guest

    This is not true. I'm using VS.NET 2003 to develop apps for my
    Viewsoinc V37 w/ PPC 2002 just fine.

    rs4_SS, Sep 15, 2003
  6. Ryan Moore

    Ryan Moore Guest

    Are you using C# or Visual Basic?

    Can you debug using the actual device?

    thnx

    Ryan Moore, Sep 15, 2003
  7. Ryan Moore

    Hazzard Guest

    You can step through code at design time before it is deployed to the
    device, or emulator. Once it is deployed, then error messages from a
    messagebox for eg. sqlceexeptions take over at that point. At that point you
    leave debug-land. System error messages are thrown as exceptions from within
    the device for file IO errors, IIS authentication or even SQL Server for
    authentication, etc.
    -greg

    Hazzard, Oct 20, 2003