ViewState error and DataGrid loses its content

Tumurbaatar S.

My web user control (ASCX) consists of one DataGrid and several
web user controls (ASCX). On page postback, the DataGrid loses
its content: row/item information, i.e. cells text. Other user controls
(and standard controls too) do not lose theirs text.
I checked ViewState value of the page with the ViewStateDecoder (
v1.1, by Fritz Onion) and found that something wrong with ViewState.
The decoder raises an error:
There was an error decoding the ViewState string: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Any ideas?

P.S. I've not tested it, but may be, this happens because I use controls in
items.
For example, on ItemDataBound event:
I do so
e.Item.Cells.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("some text"))
instead of
e.Item.Cells.Text = "some text";

I use LiteralControl instead of cells Text because I need to insert
break tags (<br>) within cells. Is there a way to do this without
LiteralControl?