ViewState vrs Datagrid Combo Boxes

Toff McGowen

Hello

How do i maintain viewstate of dropdownlists for client side postback when
they are used as selection controls in the column of a datagrid?

I have a datagrid that has a dropdownlist as a selection control in one of
the columns. I use OnItemCreated to fill each combo with the available
options.

Above the grid is a textbox in which a user has to enter a date. I can only
check the validity of this date (not format;range) on the server.

My problem is that when the date is invalid the form must be posted back to
the user for correction but in doing so i lose the viewstate of any
dropdownlist box that was changed. This in turn means that the user has to
reselect their relevant options making the form seem clunky and
unprofessional.

Thanks

TM