    auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
    shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?

    Thanks in advance.

    Mark Chandler, Sep 18, 2006

  2. Mark Chandler

    JeffC Guest

    Try <ctrl-n> in insert mode.

    JeffC, Sep 18, 2006

  3. On Monday 18 September 2006 05:26, JeffC wrote:
    > Try <ctrl-n> in insert mode.
    >
    > Mark Chandler wrote:
    > > I recently installed vim 7. The only autocomplete I can find it the
    > > omnicomplete, using CTRL-X CTRL-O. Is there a way to make
    > > auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
    > > shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    Check out supertab[1], it allows you to use tab for the completion type of
    your choice, tab will work as normal when the cursor is not at the end of a
    word.

    As the options suggestion, just add the following to your .vimrc for tab to
    map to omni-completion:
    let g:SuperTabDefaultCompletionType = "<C-X><C-O>"

    Regards,
    Alex

    A. S. Bradbury, Sep 18, 2006
  4. On Monday 18 September 2006 12:35, A. S. Bradbury wrote:
    > On Monday 18 September 2006 05:26, JeffC wrote:
    > > Try <ctrl-n> in insert mode.
    > >
    > > Mark Chandler wrote:
    > > > I recently installed vim 7. The only autocomplete I can find it the
    > > > omnicomplete, using CTRL-X CTRL-O. Is there a way to make
    > > > auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
    > > > shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance.

    > Check out supertab[1], it allows you to use tab for the completion type of
    > your choice, tab will work as normal when the cursor is not at the end of a
    > word.

    Forgot the link

    1. http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1643

    A. S. Bradbury, Sep 18, 2006