    ry2.aspx

    True or false? Thanks in advance.

    Mark

    Mark, May 7, 2004

  2. Mark

    bruce barker Guest

    your friend is correct. because asp.net needs access to dll's any other vdir
    (when it revert back to the asp.net account) has permission to read and
    load web.config, and all the dll's.

    if you switch to iis6.0, you can create application pools with seperate
    asp.net accounts, so you can prevent one pool hacking another, but you will
    have simular issues in the same pool.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > Aside from a virtual directory sharing memory with other sites, are there
    > security issues caused by using virtual directories? I have a collegue

    that
    > claims that a hacker could screw around with your code by executing code

    for

    www.oursite.com/virtualdirectory1/virtualdirectory2/somepageinvirtualdirecto

    bruce barker, May 7, 2004