    When I create a web site with aspx pages I use virtual directory.

    Can I us the same principal when I create a web service ?

    //Tony

    Tony Johansson, Jan 10, 2010

  2. "Tony Johansson" <> wrote in
    news:hGj2n.14588$:

    > When I create a web site with aspx pages I use virtual directory.
    >
    > Can I us the same principal when I create a web service ?

    The main point, in IIS, about a new website or a virtual directory is
    the URL.

    New Website:
    http://Domain

    New Virtual Directory
    http://Domain/VirtualDirectory

    As far as running goes, either will work with web sites or web services.
    In fact, a web services is simply a web site focused on delivering
    services. Technically, you can add web pages to a web service project
    and web services to a web site project.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)