    How can i do the Virtual hosting with Tomcat 5.5.7. I donot wish to
    use Apache or IIS either , only Tomcat.
    Regards
    Jayant patil, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Jayant patil

    Rhino Guest

    "Jayant patil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > i want to host two websites using Tomcat 5.5.7
    > one website will serve static web pages while other will use Java and
    > Jsp.
    > I wish static webpages website will server through port 80 while other
    > will be using
    > url like "http://jspsite.com (Virtual Hosting)
    > How can i do the Virtual hosting with Tomcat 5.5.7. I donot wish to
    > use Apache or IIS either , only Tomcat.

    This is not really a Java question, it is a Tomcat question. Have you
    considered posting this question on the Tomcat mailing list? You can
    subscribe here: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Tomcat

    Rhino
    Rhino, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Jayant patil

    Tilman Bohn Guest

    [F'up2 set to clj.help]

    [...]

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html

    --
    Cheers, Tilman

    `Boy, life takes a long time to live...' -- Steven Wright
    Tilman Bohn, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Jayant patil

    ge0rge Guest

    "Jayant patil" <> wrote ...
    >i want to host two websites using Tomcat 5.5.7
    > one website will serve static web pages while other will use Java and
    > Jsp.
    > I wish static webpages website will server through port 80 while other
    > will be using
    > url like "http://jspsite.com (Virtual Hosting)
    > How can i do the Virtual hosting with Tomcat 5.5.7. I donot wish to
    > use Apache or IIS either , only Tomcat.

    Why?? Apache is THE http server and you prefer a JSP/Servlet engine to serve
    http ?!
    You are throwing performance, scalability, security, full http compliance out of
    the window in one decision and if Tomcat does virtual hosting, it would be a
    kludge - nowhere near what you could achieve much more easily with Apache.

    -- Mahatma Ghandi
    ge0rge, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Jayant patil

    Jayant patil Guest

    Yes I know that the combination of Tomcat with Apache or IIS will
    yield better result.. but this i want to do the evaluataion of
    performance in different web hosting conditions.( for Study/project
    report purpose).
    Jayant patil, Mar 2, 2005