    for the benefit of all my sub domains...

    Appreciate guidance!

    - Jason

    Guest, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Did you try:

    <!--#include file=m:\html\root\include.asp-->

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to include my remote web server path eg: m:/html/root/site1
    > | m:/html/root/site2 etc
    >
    > ...in virtual includes....
    >
    > Thus eliminating the need to create duplicate INC files in each sub-domain
    > on my remote web server host domain IP. eg: http://72.3.5.6.0
    > (www.site1.com; www.site2.com)
    >
    > I would like to be able to use a UNIVERSAL INC file in the root of my web

    IP

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 2, 2004

    Guest Guest

    I tried it locally eg ="c\inetpub..." but got "page not found"......I am
    just trying to confirm whether one can actually use a phycial path in a
    virtual include..

    - Jason

    Guest, Aug 2, 2004
  4. I've never used a local file path in a virtual include call. An #include
    file is usually local, an #include virtual usually means relative (e.g. to
    the root), which kind of precludes sticking a drive letter in front of it.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 2, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Right.

    Aaron, could you offer advice on a login system that is a pinch point for
    all my sub-domains on a remote IP (remote web host:)

    IP: HTTP://69.9.3

    Sub-domain 1: www.site1.com
    Sub-domain 2: www.site2.com

    I wish to create a login system that sits in the root of the IP and enables
    all my sub-webs to feed off it and its underlying database:

    Logon: IP: HTTP://69.9.3/Logon.asp
    Register: HTTP://69.9.3/Register.asp

    My confusion is related in how to 'share' the common elements:

    1. Database path:
    2. Common inlcudes
    3. Capture User Page selections:

    a. TargetURL
    B.FromURL

    ....when he logs onto the secure page.

    I could use IP, but Curt has pointed out that providers like AOL use dynamic
    DHCL which means all their users have the same address.

    I could use session variables but then I only get his User Page Requestes
    for the first secure page he logs onto

    Do you have any advice on a logon system that allows me to secure basic .ASP
    pages and capture their Target and From Urls?

    Much appreciated
    Jason

    Guest, Aug 2, 2004