Virus atack

Desmond

I have just looked at one of the links on a recent post here NASIR and
found an atempt to put a virus on my computer. Should this be
removed ?

Desmond.

Edwin van der Vaart

Desmond said:
I have just looked at one of the links on a recent post here NASIR and
found an atempt to put a virus on my computer. Should this be
removed ?
Just ignore the post of NASIR. Or put it in a filter.
We can't remove spam from the NG.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

BootNic

Edwin van der Vaart said:
[email protected]

Just ignore the post of NASIR. Or put it in a filter.
We can't remove spam from the NG.

From google groups you may report the message if you like.

Click on More Options, then click on report this message.

--
BootNic Saturday, April 21, 2007 10:06 AM

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant
intelligence.
*Henrik Tikkanen*

Bergamot

Edwin said:
We can't remove spam from the NG.

But a lot of news servers have spam and virus filters built in. I rarely
see any of it on news.individual.net. They don't allow binaries, anyway.

Desmond

Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

But a lot of news servers have spam and virus filters built in. I rarely
see any of it on news.individual.net. They don't allow binaries, anyway.

Sorry I looked at the top of this page and clicked on Groups (top
left) cant get to More Options and Report this message.
TAKE this kind of thing very seriously

Desmond.

Neo Geshel

Edwin said:
Just ignore the post of NASIR. Or put it in a filter.
We can't remove spam from the NG.

But you *can* report him to his ISP. I just reported his post to
SpamCop, along with a dozen other posts done at other times throughout
my subscribed NG’s.

Cheers.
...Geshel
My return e-mail address is an automatically monitored spam honeypot.
Do not send e-mail there unless you wish to be reported as a spammer.
Please send all e-mail to my first name at my last name dot org, with
a subject-line of “NEWSGROUP REPLY FOR NEO GESHEL†(all uppercase).

Neo Geshel

Paul said:
This isn't Google, this is usenet. You cant remove posts. get yourself a
news.individual account for something like $10 a year.

Wrong.

Although post removal is so easily spoofed that the vast majority of
Usenet servers no longer honour removal requests, you *can* remove a
post on some servers; by spoofing another person to remove their post,
or by removing your own. Post removal authentication is not done by IP
address, it is done by user-id.

Failing that, the person you replied to mentioned reporting the
offending post to the Google Groups admin. This *will* have a positive
effect over time, as spammers will have their Google accounts closed if
enough people complain. If we make it not worth their while to post via
Google Groups, then they will not use that method any more. And if they
post directly using a Usenet server, then we’ll have their IP address to
use to report them to their ISP. Kill the snake by cutting its head off,
as it were.

It’s like a vast game of whack-a-mole, but if you are annoyed enough by
spammers to take the time, a NG *can* be made relatively clean.