    found an atempt to put a virus on my computer. Should this be
    removed ?

    Desmond.

    Desmond, Apr 21, 2007

  2. Desmond wrote:
    > I have just looked at one of the links on a recent post here NASIR and
    > found an atempt to put a virus on my computer. Should this be
    > removed ?

    Just ignore the post of NASIR. Or put it in a filter.
    We can't remove spam from the NG.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

    Edwin van der Vaart, Apr 21, 2007

  3. Desmond

    BootNic Guest

    > Edwin van der Vaart <> wrote:
    > news: 9ad2b$462a18f6$18843e95$
    > Desmond wrote:
    >> I have just looked at one of the links on a recent post here NASIR
    >> and found an atempt to put a virus on my computer. Should this be
    >> removed ?

    > Just ignore the post of NASIR. Or put it in a filter.
    > We can't remove spam from the NG.

    From google groups you may report the message if you like.

    Click on More Options, then click on report this message.

    --
    BootNic Saturday, April 21, 2007 10:06 AM

    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant
    intelligence.
    *Henrik Tikkanen*

    BootNic, Apr 21, 2007
  4. Desmond

    Bergamot Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > We can't remove spam from the NG.

    But a lot of news servers have spam and virus filters built in. I rarely
    see any of it on news.individual.net. They don't allow binaries, anyway.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Apr 21, 2007
  5. Desmond

    Desmond Guest

    On 21 Apr, 20:40, Bergamot <> wrote:
    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >

    > > We can't remove spam from the NG.

    > But a lot of news servers have spam and virus filters built in. I rarely
    > see any of it on news.individual.net. They don't allow binaries, anyway.
    >
    > --
    > Berg

    Sorry I looked at the top of this page and clicked on Groups (top
    left) cant get to More Options and Report this message.
    TAKE this kind of thing very seriously

    Desmond.

    Desmond, Apr 21, 2007
  6. Desmond

    Neo Geshel Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > Desmond wrote:
    >> I have just looked at one of the links on a recent post here NASIR and
    >> found an atempt to put a virus on my computer. Should this be
    >> removed ?

    > Just ignore the post of NASIR. Or put it in a filter.
    > We can't remove spam from the NG.

    But you *can* report him to his ISP. I just reported his post to
    SpamCop, along with a dozen other posts done at other times throughout
    my subscribed NG’s.

    Cheers.
    ...Geshel
    My return e-mail address is an automatically monitored spam honeypot.
    Do not send e-mail there unless you wish to be reported as a spammer.
    Please send all e-mail to my first name at my last name dot org, with
    a subject-line of “NEWSGROUP REPLY FOR NEO GESHEL†(all uppercase).

    Neo Geshel, Apr 22, 2007
  7. Desmond

    Paul Watt Guest

    "Desmond" <> wrote in message
    > On 21 Apr, 20:40, Bergamot <> wrote:
    >> Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>

    >> > We can't remove spam from the NG.

    >> But a lot of news servers have spam and virus filters built in. I rarely
    >> see any of it on news.individual.net. They don't allow binaries, anyway.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Berg

    > Sorry I looked at the top of this page and clicked on Groups (top
    > left) cant get to More Options and Report this message.
    > TAKE this kind of thing very seriously
    >
    > Desmond.

    This isn't Google, this is usenet. You cant remove posts. get yourself a
    news.individual account for something like $10 a year.

    --
    Cheers

    Paul watt
    http://www.paulwattdesigns.com
    http://www.amnesty.org

    Paul Watt, Apr 22, 2007
  8. Desmond

    Neo Geshel Guest

    Paul Watt wrote:
    > "Desmond" <> wrote in message

    >>> But a lot of news servers have spam and virus filters built in. I rarely
    >>> see any of it on news.individual.net. They don't allow binaries, anyway.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Berg

    >> Sorry I looked at the top of this page and clicked on Groups (top
    >> left) cant get to More Options and Report this message.
    >> TAKE this kind of thing very seriously
    >>
    >> Desmond.
    >>

    > This isn't Google, this is usenet. You cant remove posts. get yourself a
    > news.individual account for something like $10 a year.

    Wrong.

    Although post removal is so easily spoofed that the vast majority of
    Usenet servers no longer honour removal requests, you *can* remove a
    post on some servers; by spoofing another person to remove their post,
    or by removing your own. Post removal authentication is not done by IP
    address, it is done by user-id.

    Failing that, the person you replied to mentioned reporting the
    offending post to the Google Groups admin. This *will* have a positive
    effect over time, as spammers will have their Google accounts closed if
    enough people complain. If we make it not worth their while to post via
    Google Groups, then they will not use that method any more. And if they
    post directly using a Usenet server, then we’ll have their IP address to
    use to report them to their ISP. Kill the snake by cutting its head off,
    as it were.

    It’s like a vast game of whack-a-mole, but if you are annoyed enough by
    spammers to take the time, a NG *can* be made relatively clean.

    Neo Geshel, Apr 23, 2007