Virus Checking

tshad

We are allowing uploading of files to our site, but want to make sure there
are no viruses in the documents.

How do we set up our system to virus check an upload from our Asp.Net site?

Thanks,

Tom

Guest

We are allowing uploading of files to our site, but want to make sure
there are no viruses in the documents.

How do we set up our system to virus check an upload from our Asp.Net
site?

Most antivirus' have a command line interface.

If not, they maybe have a COM interface.

Which AV are you using? I believe Norton Corporate Edition used to come
with a scanner called Vpscan.exe.

tshad

Spam Catcher said:
Most antivirus' have a command line interface.

If not, they maybe have a COM interface.

Which AV are you using? I believe Norton Corporate Edition used to come
with a scanner called Vpscan.exe.

We are running Trend Micro. It does scans of the system at night as well as
emails, but doesn't look at files being uploaded to the system, I don't
believe.

Tom

Guest

We are running Trend Micro. It does scans of the system at night as
well as emails, but doesn't look at files being uploaded to the
system, I don't believe.

Does Trend have Real-Time scanning? If it does, it should intercept all
viruses.

You can give this a test by going to EICAR test virus site:

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

But auto-scanning is not very useful for a ASP.NET application since
ASP.NET does not know why a file was blocked (and may actually crash your
ASP.NET app). You may want to exclude ASP.NET's upload path from the auto-
scanner and see if Trend has a command line interface which you can tie
into.