    How do we set up our system to virus check an upload from our Asp.Net site?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 30, 2005

  2. tshad

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "tshad" <> wrote in
    news::

    > We are allowing uploading of files to our site, but want to make sure
    > there are no viruses in the documents.
    >
    > How do we set up our system to virus check an upload from our Asp.Net
    > site?

    Most antivirus' have a command line interface.

    If not, they maybe have a COM interface.

    Which AV are you using? I believe Norton Corporate Edition used to come
    with a scanner called Vpscan.exe.

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Nov 30, 2005

  3. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Spam Catcher" <> wrote in message
    > "tshad" <> wrote in
    >
    >> We are allowing uploading of files to our site, but want to make sure
    >> there are no viruses in the documents.
    >>
    >> How do we set up our system to virus check an upload from our Asp.Net
    >> site?

    > Most antivirus' have a command line interface.
    >
    > If not, they maybe have a COM interface.
    >
    > Which AV are you using? I believe Norton Corporate Edition used to come
    > with a scanner called Vpscan.exe.

    We are running Trend Micro. It does scans of the system at night as well as
    emails, but doesn't look at files being uploaded to the system, I don't
    believe.

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 30, 2005
  4. tshad

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "tshad" <> wrote in

    > We are running Trend Micro. It does scans of the system at night as
    > well as emails, but doesn't look at files being uploaded to the
    > system, I don't believe.

    Does Trend have Real-Time scanning? If it does, it should intercept all
    viruses.

    You can give this a test by going to EICAR test virus site:

    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

    But auto-scanning is not very useful for a ASP.NET application since
    ASP.NET does not know why a file was blocked (and may actually crash your
    ASP.NET app). You may want to exclude ASP.NET's upload path from the auto-
    scanner and see if Trend has a command line interface which you can tie
    into.

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Dec 1, 2005