    try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
    flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

    Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

    nntp, Sep 1, 2004

  2. nntp

    Randy Webb Guest

    nntp wrote:

    > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
    >
    > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
    > flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
    >
    > Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

    Probably something in that crappy Dreamweaver code. Validate, Validate,
    and the Validate again.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Sep 1, 2004

  3. nntp

    Whatevah Guest

    nntp wrote:
    > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
    >
    > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
    > flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
    >
    > Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

    bad javascript, I'm not really a javascript coder, so I dunno what'
    causing it... Hit F12, and uncheck "Enable JavaScript", reload the page
    and it'll all stop.

    --
    Whatevah / Jerry Horn
    Jerry {at} Whatevah.com (working address)

    Whatevah, Sep 1, 2004
  4. nntp

    Randy Webb Guest

    Whatevah wrote:

    > nntp wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
    >>
    >> try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
    >> flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
    >>
    >> Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

    > bad javascript, I'm not really a javascript coder, so I dunno what'
    > causing it... Hit F12, and uncheck "Enable JavaScript", reload the page
    > and it'll all stop.

    *Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Sep 1, 2004
  5. nntp wrote:

    > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/

    > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory
    > leak, flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

    It doesn't do any of that here: Opera 7.23. Although given all of the
    flashing and scrolling and such, I would consider it a feature if it
    did.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Stateful Adaptive Packet Destruction Enterprise-Class Gigabit
    Intrusion Prevention System: http://snipurl.com/8j5d

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2004
  6. nntp

    rf Guest

    nntp wrote:

    > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
    >
    > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
    > flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
    >
    > Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

    Why would anybody want to look at that page anyway. It's horrible.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 1, 2004
  7. nntp

    Toby Inkster Guest

    nntp wrote:

    > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
    > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
    > flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

    Fine here (Opera 7.53, Linux), except that there seems to be some script
    that forces it to reload every few seconds.

    It's butt-ugly though.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 1, 2004
  8. nntp

    nntp Guest

    that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
    reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
    crashes.
    i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole in
    Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or the first
    one to let another person to discover it.

    nntp, Sep 1, 2004
  9. On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:28:56 GMT, nntp <> wrote:

    > that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
    > reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
    > crashes.
    > i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole
    > in Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or
    > the first one to let another person to discover it.

    The first instance I found is (formatting altered to avoid wrap):

    function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
    if (init==true) with (navigator) {
    if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
    document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight;
    onresize=MM_reloadPage;
    else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW
    || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
    }
    MM_reloadPage(true)

    from <URL:http://www.dabaoku.com/js/ad-top1.js>. Some of Dreamweaver's
    standard, crappy JS code. It appears that the idiots haven't actually
    defined document.MM_pgW and .MM_pgH, so the reload always occurs.

    [snip]

    Mike

    When posting, please write in conversation order; place your response
    beneath the text it addresses. Remaining quoted text which you are not
    answering should be trimmed. Signatures should always be removed.

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Sep 1, 2004
  10. nntp

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "nntp" <> wrote:
    >Toby Inkster wrote:
    >> nntp wrote:
    >>
    >> > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
    >> > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
    >> > flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

    >> Fine here (Opera 7.53, Linux), except that there seems to be some script
    >> that forces it to reload every few seconds.
    >>
    >> It's butt-ugly though.

    >that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
    >reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
    >crashes.

    Doesn't crash anything here - Opera 7.52 on Win XP, just reloads
    endlessly unless I disable JavaScript.

    >i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole in
    >Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or the first
    >one to let another person to discover it.

    Seems to be a JS problem and I have seen it a few times before. Some
    JS causes Opera to go into a reloading loop but I can't find which
    particular JS does it.

    This page has the standard Dreamweaver crud, which whilst ugly
    shouldn't causes this problem. It has two external scripts that do
    nothing but document.write some ads into the page. It has one external
    script that returns a 404. And finally it has another external script
    that's being served as text.html. I'd guess that the last one is the
    problem but that is just a guess and I really haven't spent the time
    to debug it properly.

    If you want to isolate the bug make a copy of the page and eliminate
    the script elements one-by-one until you find which one, or which
    combination, is causing the problem.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Sep 1, 2004
  11. nntp

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > *Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

    How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
    way though isn't it?
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Sep 1, 2004
  12. nntp

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <KQcZc.15347$>, rf@.invalid
    says...
    > > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/

    > Why would anybody want to look at that page anyway. It's horrible.

    Ever been to Hong Kong, Japan, or China? If so, you would realize this
    site reflects advertising philosophy to a t.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Sep 1, 2004
  13. nntp

    rf Guest

    WebcastMaker wrote

    > Ever been to Hong Kong, Japan, or China? If so, you would realize this
    > site reflects advertising philosophy to a t.

    I have actually been to HK many times that it is now simply boring. And
    Japan. And China. More times than I care to think about. Much of my business
    is done in HK and the Asian area.

    I agree. The advertising over there just sucks your arse off.

    I still don't like that site.

    My opinion.

    OK?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 1, 2004
  14. nntp

    Randy Webb Guest

    WebcastMaker wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>*Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

    > How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
    > way though isn't it?

    I made a statement of fact. Whether you want to take that as me blaming
    the tool, instead of me blaming the author for using that tool, then so
    be it.

    Another tidbit fact: Dreamweaver is crap. It produces crap code. It
    always has.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Sep 1, 2004
  15. Randy Webb <> wrote in news:dIadnWchYL16YqjcRVn-
    :

    > WebcastMaker wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>
    >>>*Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

    >> How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
    >> way though isn't it?

    > I made a statement of fact. Whether you want to take that as me blaming
    > the tool, instead of me blaming the author for using that tool, then so
    > be it.
    >
    > Another tidbit fact: Dreamweaver is crap. It produces crap code. It
    > always has.

    Agreed and agreed!

    --
    Marc Bissonnette
    CGI / Database / Web Management Tools: http://www.internalysis.com

    Marc Bissonnette, Sep 1, 2004
  16. nntp

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 05:19:41 -0400, WebcastMaker <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> *Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

    > How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
    > way though isn't it?

    Code created by a knowledgeable individual who happens to be using
    Dreamweaver or another HTML editor to create the page can be very good.

    Code created "by" Dreamweaver is likely to be suboptimal.

    A subtle distinction. Much as the hammer marks in a piece of carpentry are
    not so much the fault of the hammer as they are the fault of an
    incompetent carpenter.

    So you're both right. Dreamweaver, left to its own as if it were some sort
    of robot, will produce poor code, and it is the author's fault it does so.

    Neal, Sep 1, 2004
  17. William Tasso, Sep 1, 2004
  18. nntp

    Neal Guest

    On 1 Sep 2004 19:18:58 GMT, William Tasso <> wrote:

    > Neal wrote:
    >> Code created "by" Dreamweaver is likely to be suboptimal.

    > You must be English

    What, did I spell it "subouptimal"? ;)

    No, I'm a dirty American.

    Neal, Sep 1, 2004
  19. William Tasso, Sep 1, 2004
  20. Neal wrote:
    > On 1 Sep 2004 19:18:58 GMT, William Tasso <> wrote:
    >> Neal wrote:
    >>> Code created "by" Dreamweaver is likely to be suboptimal.

    >> You must be English
    >>

    > What, did I spell it "subouptimal"? ;)
    >
    > No, I'm a dirty American.

    Then please let me congratulate you on your mastery of the understated,
    "stating the bleedin' obvious" with a straight face - as it were.

    --
    William Tasso - read 'em, else the puppy gets it:
    http://www.aww-faq.org/

    William Tasso, Sep 1, 2004