Virus? Crash Opera Every Time - Link

Randy Webb

nntp said:
http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/

try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

Probably something in that crappy Dreamweaver code. Validate, Validate,
and the Validate again.

Whatevah

nntp said:
http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/

try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

bad javascript, I'm not really a javascript coder, so I dunno what'
causing it... Hit F12, and uncheck "Enable JavaScript", reload the page
and it'll all stop.

Randy Webb

Whatevah said:
bad javascript, I'm not really a javascript coder, so I dunno what'
causing it... Hit F12, and uncheck "Enable JavaScript", reload the page
and it'll all stop.

*Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

Toby Inkster

nntp said:
http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

Fine here (Opera 7.53, Linux), except that there seems to be some script
that forces it to reload every few seconds.

It's butt-ugly though.

nntp

that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
crashes.
i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole in
Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or the first
one to let another person to discover it.

Michael Winter

that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
crashes.
i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole
in Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or
the first one to let another person to discover it.

The first instance I found is (formatting altered to avoid wrap):

function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
if (init==true) with (navigator) {
if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight;
onresize=MM_reloadPage;
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW
|| innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true)

from <URL:http://www.dabaoku.com/js/ad-top1.js>. Some of Dreamweaver's
standard, crappy JS code. It appears that the idiots haven't actually
defined document.MM_pgW and .MM_pgH, so the reload always occurs.

[snip]

Mike

When posting, please write in conversation order; place your response
beneath the text it addresses. Remaining quoted text which you are not
answering should be trimmed. Signatures should always be removed.

Steve Pugh

nntp said:
that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
crashes.

Doesn't crash anything here - Opera 7.52 on Win XP, just reloads
endlessly unless I disable JavaScript.
i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole in
Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or the first
one to let another person to discover it.

Seems to be a JS problem and I have seen it a few times before. Some
JS causes Opera to go into a reloading loop but I can't find which
particular JS does it.

This page has the standard Dreamweaver crud, which whilst ugly
shouldn't causes this problem. It has two external scripts that do
nothing but document.write some ads into the page. It has one external
script that returns a 404. And finally it has another external script
that's being served as text.html. I'd guess that the last one is the
problem but that is just a guess and I really haven't spent the time
to debug it properly.

If you want to isolate the bug make a copy of the page and eliminate
the script elements one-by-one until you find which one, or which
combination, is causing the problem.

Steve

WebcastMaker

*Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
way though isn't it?

rf

WebcastMaker wrote
Ever been to Hong Kong, Japan, or China? If so, you would realize this
site reflects advertising philosophy to a t.

I have actually been to HK many times that it is now simply boring. And
Japan. And China. More times than I care to think about. Much of my business
is done in HK and the Asian area.

I agree. The advertising over there just sucks your arse off.

I still don't like that site.

My opinion.

OK?

Randy Webb

WebcastMaker said:
How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
way though isn't it?

I made a statement of fact. Whether you want to take that as me blaming
the tool, instead of me blaming the author for using that tool, then so
be it.

Another tidbit fact: Dreamweaver is crap. It produces crap code. It
always has.

Marc Bissonnette

I made a statement of fact. Whether you want to take that as me blaming
the tool, instead of me blaming the author for using that tool, then so
be it.

Another tidbit fact: Dreamweaver is crap. It produces crap code. It
always has.

Agreed and agreed!

Neal

How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
way though isn't it?

Code created by a knowledgeable individual who happens to be using
Dreamweaver or another HTML editor to create the page can be very good.

Code created "by" Dreamweaver is likely to be suboptimal.

A subtle distinction. Much as the hammer marks in a piece of carpentry are
not so much the fault of the hammer as they are the fault of an
incompetent carpenter.

So you're both right. Dreamweaver, left to its own as if it were some sort
of robot, will produce poor code, and it is the author's fault it does so.

William Tasso

WebcastMaker said:
How typical, blame the tool doe an author's problem. It is easier that
way though isn't it?

Aye - the tool does what it does. It is the craftsman's choice to use it -
or not.

William Tasso

Neal said:
What, did I spell it "subouptimal"? ;)

No, I'm a dirty American.

Then please let me congratulate you on your mastery of the understated,
"stating the bleedin' obvious" with a straight face - as it were.