Virus Scan with Java

Ravi Shankar

Hi all,

I have a requirement - whan I download files, I have to make sure that they
are virus free.
Is there any Java program (open source) which can help me, thanks for your
time.

Best regards,
Ravi

Liz

Ravi Shankar said:
Hi all,

I have a requirement - whan I download files, I have to make sure that they
are virus free.
Is there any Java program (open source) which can help me, thanks for your
time.

Best regards,
Ravi
I don't have a java program, but if you have winders and mcafee virus thing
you can right click on the filename and select 'check for virus'

Axl

Ravi Shankar said:
Hi all,

I have a requirement - whan I download files, I have to make sure that they
are virus free.
Is there any Java program (open source) which can help me, thanks for your
time.

Best regards,
Ravi

If you know the files being downloaded don't have a virus, and want to
make sure they don't get one while they are being downloaded... have
the server create an MD5 or other hash of the file, then once the file
is on the client create the hash again and see if it matches the
server's hash.

Axl Weslowski
aweslowski_@_rpa.com
(remove_the_underscores)