    need to prevent the window from being displayed and would prefer doing
    so from the c++ code (may not get access to c library source). any
    suggestions? yes, i'm a newbie.

    extrnh, Mar 9, 2007

  2. extrnh

    Ian Collins Guest

    extrnh wrote:
    > i have a c++ program compiled in visual c++ that links to a c
    > library. when a system function is called in the c library a blank
    > command window is displayed while the c logic is executing. this is
    > from the windows cmd.exe that is executed by the system function. i
    > need to prevent the window from being displayed and would prefer doing
    > so from the c++ code (may not get access to c library source). any
    > suggestions? yes, i'm a newbie.

    Ask on a windows programming group.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Mar 9, 2007

  3. extrnh

    Cupu Guest

    On Mar 9, 2:37 am, "extrnh" <> wrote:
    > i have a c++ program compiled in visual c++ that links to a c
    > library. when a system function is called in the c library a blank
    > command window is displayed while the c logic is executing. this is
    > from the windows cmd.exe that is executed by the system function. i
    > need to prevent the window from being displayed and would prefer doing
    > so from the c++ code (may not get access to c library source). any
    > suggestions? yes, i'm a newbie.

    That's the console window, you're building a console app. YOu need to
    build a win app and never create/show the window. How to do that
    you'll learn in a windows programming group or searching google. Good
    luck.

    Cupu, Mar 9, 2007
  4. extrnh

    extrnh Guest

    On Mar 9, 2:43 am, "Cupu" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 9, 2:37 am, "extrnh" <> wrote:
    >
    > > i have a c++ program compiled in visual c++ that links to a c
    > > library. when a system function is called in the c library a blank
    > > command window is displayed while the c logic is executing. this is
    > > from the windows cmd.exe that is executed by the system function. i
    > > need to prevent the window from being displayed and would prefer doing
    > > so from the c++ code (may not get access to c library source). any
    > > suggestions? yes, i'm a newbie.

    > That's the console window, you're building a console app. YOu need to
    > build a win app and never create/show the window. How to do that
    > you'll learn in a windows programming group or searching google. Good
    > luck.

    my apologies for not explaining the problem correctly. the visual c++
    part is an mfc automation dll. it is executed by a vba macro in
    excel. i have a posting on a windows programming group, no reponses
    to date.

    extrnh, Mar 11, 2007