Visio and .NET

Reddy

Hi,

Can anyone show me how to generate classes from viso(.vsd) class diagram
using MS Visual Studio.NET 2003

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

To have Visio (Enterprise Architect) generate VB.NET code for you:

1) Create a new Software | UML Model Diagram

2) Drag classes onto your new diagram and double click on them to configure the properties and methods that you want your objects to have.

3) From the UML dropdown menu select Code | Generate. You can choose VB.NET or C#.

Tip: If you don't like the default format of the code generated by Visio, you can change the code generation templates from the UML dropdown menu by selecting Code | Preferences.

Tip: Visio has a UML toolbar button that integrates with Visual Studio.NET. You can reverse engineer existing software by clicking this toolbar button while your project is open. This will create a UML diagram of your code.

Using the above techniques you can always have an up-to-date UML model of your code.

[...]

Thanks Steve.

I have Visio 2002 Prof and VS.NET 2003 Prof.
From the info you have given me I have to install Visio(Enterprise Architect). Is Visio(Enterprise Architect) a separate product than Visio 2002 Prof?

Thanks,

Srinivas

To have Visio (Enterprise Architect) generate VB.NET code for you:

1) Create a new Software | UML Model Diagram

2) Drag classes onto your new diagram and double click on them to configure the properties and methods that you want your objects to have.

3) From the UML dropdown menu select Code | Generate. You can choose VB.NET or C#.

Tip: If you don't like the default format of the code generated by Visio, you can change the code generation templates from the UML dropdown menu by selecting Code | Preferences.

Tip: Visio has a UML toolbar button that integrates with Visual Studio.NET. You can reverse engineer existing software by clicking this toolbar button while your project is open. This will create a UML diagram of your code.

Using the above techniques you can always have an up-to-date UML model of your code.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I think you need the Enterprise Architect verson which is enhaced with the capabilities you need.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Thanks Steve.

I have Visio 2002 Prof and VS.NET 2003 Prof.
From the info you have given me I have to install Visio(Enterprise Architect). Is Visio(Enterprise Architect) a separate product than Visio 2002 Prof?

Thanks,

Srinivas