Visit Counter II

Paul W Smith

The code below works as a page counter for me, counting how many visits my
web site has per week (Sunday - Saturday). This works fine - it write the
date and the count to a text file e.g.

15/8/2008
1001

When the new week arrives the old information is just overwritten, however
what I would like to do is keep the old information but starting the new
week with two new lines appended to the top of the existing information so
maintaining the historical data.

or

I actually can write the code that appends the two new lines when the new
week starts. However I do not have sufficient knowledge to be able to write
the ASP required to either amend the top two lines of the textstream (for
when the total should be added).

Any help or references gratefully received.

PWS

strCountFileName = Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME") &
".cnt")

Set objCountFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strCountFileName, 1, True)

If Not objCountFile.AtEndOfStream Then
dtDate = CDate(objCountFile.ReadLine)
iCount = CLng(objCountFile.ReadLine)
Else
dtDate = Date
iCount = 0
End If

objCountFile.Close
Set objCountFile = Nothing

If IsEmpty(Session("TotalCount")) Then

If Weekday(Date(),vbSunday) = 1 And dtDate <> Date then
iCount = 1
Else
iCount = iCount + 1
End If
dtDate = Date

End If

Session("TotalCount")= iCount

Set objCountFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile(strCountFileName, True)

objCountFile.WriteLine dtDate

objCountFile.WriteLine iCount

objCountFile.Close
Set objCountFile = Nothing