Visit Website??

::Kaiba67::

I have a question,

I've noticed that some programs I download have an option to visit the
authors site in the Help menu. What is the code that calls Internet Explorer
to go to a website of my choice?

::Kaiba67::

Ivan Vecerina

::Kaiba67:: said:
I have a question,

I've noticed that some programs I download have an option to visit the
authors site in the Help menu. What is the code that calls Internet Explorer
to go to a website of my choice?
This is totally out of topic in this NG.
This said, on some systems, the standard system() C library call can be used
to launch documents (too).
I.e.:
system( pathToMyDocumentDotHTML );

Victor Bazarov

::Kaiba67:: said:
I have a question,

I've noticed that some programs I download have an option to visit the
authors site in the Help menu. What is the code that calls Internet Explorer
to go to a website of my choice?

There is no certain way in standard C++ to do what you want, except
maybe for

std::string cmd("iexplore ");
cmd += the_URL_of_your_choice;
system(cmd.c_str());

and still, it's not necessarily guaranteed to be the same as using
a platform-specific way. Ask about it in a Windows newsgroup.

<offtopic>
See ShellExecute function. Use verb "open", pass your URL as the file.
The default browser will be used, which is not necessarily IExplorer.
</offtopic>

Victor

Ioannis Vranos

::Kaiba67:: said:
I have a question,

I've noticed that some programs I download have an option to visit the
authors site in the Help menu. What is the code that calls Internet Explorer
to go to a website of my choice?

This is a system-dependent question, so it is off topic here. In .NET
for example you can use a LinkLabel object on the Form, and if you are
talking about an option in the Help menu, you can use the static member
functions, of the class Help. An example code of a program of mine:

void menuItem4_Click(System::Object *sender, System::EventArgs *e)
{
Help::ShowHelp(this, "license.htm", HelpNavigator::Topic);
}

Regards,

Ioannis Vranos

JKop

::Kaiba67:: posted:
I have a question,

I've noticed that some programs I download have an option to visit the
authors site in the Help menu. What is the code that calls Internet
Explorer to go to a website of my choice?

::Kaiba67::

class Stupid {};

clas OffTopic {};

class StupidAndOffTopic : public Stupid, public OffTopic {};

StupidAndOffTopic this_post;

throw this_post;

-JKop

::Kaiba67::

JKop, screw off, go post messages elsewhere, just don't post in my messages
if you don't want to help.

::Kaiba67::

JKop

Connect to:

msnews.microsoft.com

And go to:

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.programming.webb
rowser_ctl

-JKop

Howard

JKop said:
Connect to:

msnews.microsoft.com

And go to:

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.programming.webb
rowser_ctl

-JKop

Now, that's a MUCH better answer than calling someone stupid! :)

-Howard